Chapter 26

Hi All my Reaper fan's,

Sorry it took me this long... got carried away on this chapter :*)

So things at work are finally settling down, which means i'll have more time to write and i'll be back to posting once a week :D YEAH!!!

I know how long you've waited so heres chapter 26

Enjoy ;)

Stef

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Recap)

"It's okay little sister, I'll be back soon." I leaned in and whispered so D couldn't hear. "Keep her safe." I said looking Tatiana in her eyes, she nodded discreetly, and I breathed easily. I couldn't hand over Violets mothers soul, for that I needed my hands free, I'll just have to protect her, not let the Cecidit know she's with me.

"Okay, okay, break it up." D said yawning and both Tatiana and I glared at him.

"Good luck Ethan." I nodded and then Brandon started to pull her away when the screaming got closer and louder. I felt the ground opening and an intense heat snaked it's way up my body. I looked down to see the Cecidit reaching for me and one by one, their claws sank into my body and pulled me into the scorching earth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 26

The week passed in a daze, I never went to school, and Vicky as well as Van was at my house every day. Tomorrow was going to be my mother’s funeral, the day I had dreaded since I found out my mother was dying, was tomorrow and all I could think about was, what was Ethan and my mom talking about right before she died.

Ever since my mother died I have been in a daze, not really functioning the way I should. I spent most of the time in my room, only coming out when Aunt Carry called me to come down and greet whenever people stopped by to give their condolences and drop off food, which no-one ate. It had seemed that we had all lost our appetites since my mom died, and

it didn't help that I was still dreaming about dead people, and reliving their deaths whenever I slept. The saddest part of that was that I actually wanted to sleep, to dream those dreams, in the hopes of seeing my mother again. I was so desperate to know, what did happen before Ethan killed her, before she died. What happened in that room and what were they talking about before I walked in?

Since Ethan and I broke up I hadn't seen or heard from him; I wanted to go over to his house as soon as Vicky and Van got here to find out what the hell was going on and more importantly what he was and what he did with my mother's soul but they talked me out of it, saying that Connor called Vicky and said that Ethan's uncle sent him away for a little while and that he was sorry that he was unable to see me before leaving to wherever he went… like I care. 

It had been awhile since I left my room and I was a little thirsty and I was coming down the stairs to grab a cup of milk and honey in preparation for more snooze time and hopefully this time I'll dream her memories or at least something that can give me a clue to what was going on with the ghosts being after me.

I was just about to reach the entry way to the kitchen when I heard the News reporter talking about weird things happening around town.

I walked in and saw my sister sitting on the couch in front of the TV, but not really watching, she had a faraway look on her face. To be so young and already to have lost both parents. One she never knew and the other only for a short while. I felt so useless around her lately, the need to make everything okay, to have her laughing again, but not knowing how to do that. It just killed me, being so useless.