Chapter 11

(Recap)

As the week went on, I was alone in the afternoon, while everyone was at school, which left a lot of time for me to think, and the last thing I wanted to do was think, especially about the last few months. Why am I dreaming about people I don’t know? Why have I been feeling so weird after the shooting? Why can’t I remember what happened during the shooting? You would think that, that would be something I wouldn’t be able to forget. Instead I remember a dream about a guy I think was my father, only it couldn’t have been, because it was a dream and it felt oddly real. No one talks about the accident, too scared that they might upset me like I’m an emotional wreck or something and I’m getting the feeling that Ethan and his cousins know more than they are letting on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 11

Finally I was let out of my prison and allowed to return back to school, and I was actually looking forward to getting out and being a part of the masses at school.

“YOU READY TO GO LIL’S?” I shouted up the stairs. Shoving books into the open zip.

I heard her coming down in a rush.

“Lunch’s on the table.” I told her as I tried closing the overly stuffed bag.

“I’m ready.” Lily said from behind me. With a sigh I gave up, trying to shove the books in with my foot. There was no way I was going to close my bag and it already weighed a ton. Vicky and Van as well as Kyle had been bringing me books from my locker the whole week, but they neglected to take them back to my locker. So now I’m stuck hauling an entire library back to school.

“Okay lets go.” We walked out and I locked the door and rushed to the car, opening my sister’s door and throwing my and her bag to the back seat. I rushed around to my side and buckled up before pulling out.

We were running late, all that sleeping in late had messed up my sleeping pattern and I over slept by twenty minutes.

“You got everything kido?”

“Yip.” I glanced over at her and she was playing on her gameboy.

I looked back up and there was a guy in the road not even twenty feet in the direct path of my car. I slammed on the breaks, but realized that the speed I was going at, I would still hit him, so I turned away from him. There was a loud shrieking sound as the car’s wheels slid across the ground trying to grip the road. The car wobbled a little, but I managed to get the car under control and I stopped in the middle of the road.

I was gripping the steering wheel so tight my knuckles where white and it felt like I would need a crowbar to pry them free. I took a few deep breaths, still staring out of the front window and slowly looked over at my sister. Her face was pale and she was staring wide eyed out the window, breathing heavily.

“You okay?” I asked her my hands still on the steering wheel and she just nodded and asked,

“What happened?”

“There was a guy…” I trailed as I turned to check if the guy was still there and there was no one in the road. Crap did I knock him. I don’t think so, I don’t have any damage to the car like I’ve hit something and I’m pretty sure that I would have remembered something like that. Maybe he was injured or passed out in the trees on the side of the road.

“Wait here Lily. I’m going to go check on something.” I didn’t wait for her reply and just got out and ran to the spot where I had seen the guy.