Chapter 17

Hi all,

So this chapter is erm... interesting.  :)

Sorry it took me forever to upload it, was a tad busy, but hopefully after this everything will get easier.

So without any delay... Enjoy!

Vote..............................

Comment......................

Fan................................

Ciao ;)

Steph

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Recap)

We walked into the dining room and the first thing I noticed was the massive fire-place with a massive bonfire lit. It was some what normal with white marble lining the edges of the fir-place and a gigantic portrait of the four horsemen riding on their horses through the ruined earth. This room was rather warmer than the foyer maybe because of the bonfire, but I left Ethan’s jacket on, because it was comforting having his smell around me. The room was very large and with black curtains draping the windows and black and white marble tiled the floor. There was a huge chandler, draped in crystal; it was so beautiful, a total change from the blood fountain and dead people hedges at the entrance.

“Violet, we meet again.” I heard more than saw Ethan’s uncle, which was hidden by his massive high-back seat at the head of the table in front of a roaring fire, causing him to appear as a silhouetted figure, but when he lifted his face, the light of the flame caught his features and I saw his weirdly colored eyes. His eyes where rapt on me, with a sinister gleam shining in his eerie silver-blue mercury color eyes.

And as he smiled at me with his white teeth, I immediately felt like a very small fish in a very big pond filled with hungry sharks.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 17

“Please do join us, sit, sit.” Ethan’s uncle said, while everyone, besides him was tense. So it wasn’t just Ethan that had a problem with him.

“Th-thank you.” I mumbled while I reached for a chair farthest away from him, but before I could even touch it Ethan’s uncle said,

“Not over there child, sit here, next to me.” He indicated the seat next to him and a servant appeared out of nowhere to pull the seat out for me to sit. Just brilliant!

I gulped, taking a deep breath and slowly walked over to D and Ethan was right beside me. He leaned in and whispered, “That’s Henry pulling your seat open. He’ll be your server for the evening.”

I nodded stiffly not in the least worried about who my server was; I just wanted to not be so close to that man.

Ethan noticed my discomfort,  grabbing my hand and giving it a gentle squeeze, he leaned in again and whispered, “Don’t worry Ducky I’ll never leave your side.” I nodded a little more relaxed and gave him a grateful smile.

As I neared, the server I thanked him for seating me and then sat stiffly fiddling with the edge of the table cloth. I turned my head slightly to see Conner, Jonathan and Marcus take their seats a little father away from D. Conner and Jonathan sent me small encouraging smiles as they entered and seated themselves. It wasn’t long before Tatiana and Brandon walked in with Brandon’s arm slung casually around her shoulders. Are those two dating?