Chapter 34

(Recap)

“What? You going to play Gandhi while we’re holed up in a church with hell on our doorstep. Have you gone completely mad?” Van asked, disbelief written all over her face.

“I’m going to meditate to transform this place into a place D can’t go into.”
”And where’s that?”

“The after life.”

“What as in heaven or hell?” Violet asked

“Yes.”

When they said nothing but stared, I sighed and just closed my eyes. There was no time to explain that I needed to travel to the other side and bring back a piece of it so that this place will be cloaked from D at least for a little while. There are some rules even Death can’t break and there are places that even he can’t reach. Once Death has played his part he is no longer needed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 34

Violets POV.

Ethan closed his eyes and sat like that for two minutes then all of a sudden his head snapped towards the podium, eyes flying open. He robotically got up, pulled something out of his pocket, that looked suspiciously like the necklace he gave me and walked towards the podium, and took one of the candle holders off the offering table on his way there, as well as the bowl where they store the wafers in, and used the back of the candle labara and broke whatever it was into the bowl and then created a reapers blade and sliced the meaty part of his hand. He dripped the blood into the bowl and then he sprinkled some black powder, it looked like ash and then began mixing it with the other contents. He then walked over to the door and began writing something around it, even on the floor and around the windows. Some were symbols and some was actual words but in a different language, it looked like it was Latin. I recognized the word Veritas, which means truth.

“That is so wrong on so many levels.” Van muttered as we watched him paint the walls of the church in his blood.

“Did you just break my necklace? And was that ash?” I asked him as he painted the walls with his bloody mixture.

“Yes and yes… I kept the necklace in my pocket after you threw it at me and I wanted to give it back to you earlier but… we got distracted. I’m sorry; I need the liquid inside the vial. I’ll get you another one, promise and as for the ash, its needed to complete the seal.”

“What is that liquid stuff that was in the necklace?” I decided to ignore the ash part, mostly because I didn’t want to hear that someone’s burnt body was being painted on the walls of a holy place, because I was pretty sure that he wouldn’t be using palm trees to keep death out.

“Oh…er… it was water from the River Styx.”

“You gave me water from the river of the dead to wear around my neck. Isn’t there like… Dead people in that river?” He paused his writing and turned to face me

“Erm… yea. It’s actually the river of souls, so there are no dead bodies in there, and the necklace was for your protection. It dims your light to the dead so that it’s hard to find you. I think that is why that spirit found you and you had that memory dream tonight.” I didn’t want to tell him that it wasn’t working because I had been having those kinds of dreams even when I had that bit of jewelry on.