Chapter 15

(Recap)

“If that’s all…” I said in a curt voice hoping that, that was it and I can get Violet away from him.

“That is all; I hope you don’t have any plans for later tonight, because you and your boy band groupies are going to be busy.”

I gave a curt nod again and all but sprinted for the door, but before I got out I heard D yell,

“Oh and Ethan, don’t forget to bring your bed mate to supper tomorrow night. I look forward to meeting your new play thing.” D smirked as he stared on at me.

I took a deep breath and left, seeing Violet safely waiting for me was a relief and getting her in the car and far away from D helped ease the uneasiness I felt.

I needed to figure out what to do; we needed to get Tommy like yesterday. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 15

It was another twenty minutes before Ethan walked out of the library seeming a bit tense. He must of had a fight with his uncle.

He didn’t say anything as he opened my door for me and got in on his side and drove us back to the hospital, but he did look grimmer than what he did before.

It’s obvious that he doesn’t get along with his uncle and he wasn’t in the least bit happy that his uncle caught us. Was he embarrassed about us?

After we got Lily from the hospital, Ethan dropped us at home. He seemed to be deep in thought, unsettled in a way.

“Here you go Lily, I’ll be in soon.” I said as I gave her the keys to our front door.  She nodded and climbed out running to the front door and letting herself in.

Turning back to Ethan, he still hadn’t said anything and the silence was killing me. “Erm… so we didn’t get much done today.”

“No we didn’t.” Okay didn’t go as planned.

“Want to make another study date?”

“Sure.”

Suppressing the urge to let out a frustrated breath I said, “Okay how about Friday? Want me to come over to your place?”

“NO!” He shouted and faced me fully for the first time since the library.

“Whoa okay… look we can always have it on another day if Fridays not good for you.”

He sighed, “No, Friday’s good. We’ll study at your place.” He took a deep breath and slowly let it out.

“Okay… so er… see you tomorrow at school.”

“Violet, what are you doing tomorrow night?” He asked like it was the hardest thing in the world.

“Erm… nothing might just rent a movie or something. Why?”

“I er… I was wondering if you would like to join me for dinner tomorrow night... at my place.” He asked me, while staring out the front window with a blank expression, like my response wouldn’t bother him either way. Of course I saw through his little rouse because even if his face wasn’t saying anything, his body language spoke volumes. His hands were clutching the stirring wheel so tightly that his knuckles where white from the strain and he was tense for most of the drive with his shoulders squared and straight. The real question was why was he so tense? Does my answer mean that much to him? Does he really want me to come, or does he really not want me to come? I think that I’m over thinking this and I should just go, where’s the harm in that?