Chapter 36

(Recap)

“What?” My Aunt asked stopping her pacing to look at me.

“I said, she’s right.” I said in a louder voice.

“Violet, no she’s not. She was-“

“She was telling the truth. I died five months ago when I was shot in that Quickie mart, Ethan and Connor brought me back. D is doing all of this to get me… maybe…” I swallowed hard, “Maybe I should just kill myself.”

“No you can’t … I won’t allow it.” Ethan said,

“I have to; it’s the only way to stop him. It’s that or hand myself over to him and I am not going to do that, I might as well damn the whole world.”

“Wise chose, and that’s exactly why Death seeks you out.” I turned toward the strained voice and saw a tanned man standing at the entrance, he was in bad shape; he looked like he was nearly beaten to death.

“Tommy?” Ethan whispered right before this Tommy guy collapsed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 36

Ethan rushed over to Tommy and helped him to the nearest chair, setting him gently down.

“Tommy I thought you were dead. Tatiana and Marcus reported your place burned and evidence of an attack by the inks. A lot of inks and a substantial amount of blood”

“I am okay, it was Akil.” This Tommy guy said, through a strained voice.

“The Reaper Killer? What the hell is he doing here I thought he was in New Zealand. Wait… he can control inks? Is he working with D?”

“He was after the book, it seems that word of my success of obtaining the Bible has reached his ears and now that waste of space is after it. And as for him working with D and controlling the inks, that’s the benefits of being a killer of your own kin and it appears that’s he after the book for his own gain.”

“Bible?” Ethan repeated dumbly.

“Yes I had left a message on your phone. The book, it’s the Bible of Death, some predicted crap about death or something. Anyway, you cannot under any circumstances hand her over.” He said pointing to me and they both turned to look at me.

“Er…” I said and realizing I sounded a little stupid I add, “Who are you and what the hell is going on?” I won’t lie to you, I was beyond confused about what was going happening right now. In fact I felt like I was stuck in some sort of alternate universe where everything was upside down or I had somehow teleported into the sci-fi channel.

“Oh sorry, I’m Tommy and you must be Violet Spenser, the Somniator. Pleased to make your acquaintance.” He said totally ignoring the part about what’s going on.