Chapter 21

(Recap)

“Hello Violet are you still there?”

“oh er yes. I’m on my way home.”

“Okay sweetie, drive safe.”

“I will bye.” Then I hung up. Leaning against the wall as I thought things through.

Why did Ethan do that? How did he do that? I guess I’m glad mom won’t be in this place anymore and that would mean I don’t have to come here. Is that why he was out of school so much?

“Violet?” I heard a small voice next me and I turned around.

“Anna, I’ve been looking for you.” I said, not sure what to do now that I had found her and know that she’s a ghost.

“Violet what are you doing here? They’re going to find you, you can’t be here.” She said sounding scared and kept glancing around like she was doing something she wasn’t supposed to.

“Anna, I know what you are. ”

“You do? How did you find out?” She asked looking directly at me for the first time, a little saddened.

“Yes I know that you’re… that you’re not alive anymore. Your brother told me.”

“My brother? Is he alright? I hadn’t seen him in a while and I…” She trailed like she was unable to carry on.

“We er… don’t really hang out much, because he kind of distances himself from everyone. He’s kind of a loner now.”

“Oh.” Was all she said and then looked sadly down.

“Anna, what did you mean they’re going to find me? Who are they?” She looked back up at me and quickly looked around then whispered.

“The other ghosts, they’re coming for you.”

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 21

Anna then just disappeared… immediately, like right in front of me, for the first time I actually saw her disappear into thin air. I stood there staring at the spot Anna was standing in for what felt like hours, just staring in shock. I hesitantly moved my hand over the spot, through the air were she was at, almost as if she didn’t just completely disappear, more like popped on the invisible cloak from Harry Potter and disappeared. She actually vanished, all those times when people asked me who I was talking to… why didn’t it click then? Okay so I know now that she’s a ghost, but this was the first time that she actually vanished right in front of my eyes, kind of pressing the point of her being a ghost.