Chapter 31

Hi All,

Yeah... It had finally arrived. Had no idea so much time had passed, and i got carried away writing this, tomorrow i'm planning on uploading the next chapter.

This chapter is mainly to enlighten you about Ethan and how he became a Reaper and why he saved Violet.

Let me know if i missed anything or if anything is still unclear then i'll work it into the story...

But for now enjoy

xoxo Steph ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(recap)

“He’s after you Violet. He wants to start a war and you’re somehow the key to all of this. If he gets a hold of you, then there will be no safe place left for her. I know you want to be out there, I know you want to see her with your own eyes, make sure that she’s okay, safe but what if you get there and D’s there waiting? Do you think D will spare her after he gets you?” He was right, I thought about Annie at the hospital and about the millions of kids Lily’s age or younger that dies every day. He wouldn’t think twice about getting rid of her. I needed to stay hidden or at least out of his reach.

“Okay.” Was all I said, Ethan leaned in and hugged me. Connor and Jonathan touched my arm gently,

“We’ll keep her safe lass.” Connor said before leaving, Jonathan, giving a sad smile of encouragement before following Connor out.

Oh Lily, please be okay. I don’t know what I’ll do if I should lose her too, especially to D. Ethan kept his hold on me, embracing me in his warmth and I just held him back, shutting my eyes to the tears that were starting to fall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 31

Tommy’s POV.

“Got you.” I said as I finally figured out what was happening. I had been pouring over old tombs for days. Going through every book on death I could find. I managed to find some newly made ghost that would talk, for a heavy price and found out that Violet was a key to something momentous, but they wouldn’t say what.

There’s a small window, after the person dies  that you could communicate with the ghosts before they become trapped in what we call the circuit, which is basically the ghost relives their mistake until they fix it. Replaying it over and over again, or they get called to the other side.

She told me that there was a book that was buried with some priest in some cemetery a couple of cities away that is supposedly deaths bible or something.

I went to the grave, dug up the book and found a passage on the role of the Somniator and let me tell you, it’s any wonder why D wants her, especially as she’s approaching her full potential, not to mention that all the Horsemen except for Conquest was in town. All the pieces were coming together and Violet was the final key.

I needed to get to Ethan and warn him before it was too late.

I grabbed my coat as well as a bag and stuffed the book in the bag. I noticed it was raining so I put my jacket on over the bag. Luckily the bag was flat and well concealed.

I quickly ran out and locked the doors, putting on the alarms and the security system I have in place to keep D out.

I stepped outside and looked around, an old habit since becoming a Reaper and noticed something was off. I stared out into the heavy down pour, and saw nothing but rapid movement of the trees in the tormenting wind. Even though I couldn’t see anything, I still felt the hair on the back of my neck stand and a cold chill run down my body. The usual signs that I was being watched.