Chapter 13

(Recap)

“Ethan.” It was like he was made of shadows, It was in him, around him, flowing from him. He was just standing there in the corner watching me with a pained expression on his face.

I turned and flipped the bed lamp on next to my dresser and looked back into the corner where I saw him and he was gone.

Okay, that does it… I’m going mad.

I never fell back asleep, too afraid to dream about anyone else dying. Why is this happening to me, why am I seeing this people dying. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 13

The next day I felt like hell. I had left my bag in the car yesterday, seen as I had no homework and therefore had no need of them and all that I had to do was make lunch for Lil’s and myself and get into the car and drive.

Lily ran down the stairs with a little less enthusiasm than she usually had, maybe because she didn’t get much sleep last night, all thanks to my little nighmare on Elms street episode.

She came back to my room a little later and crawled in next to me, when she thought I was sleeping and curled up against me. I felt her arms snake around my waist as she settled in and fell fast asleep.

We got into the car quietly and drove to school. I dropped Lil’s  off and drove to school, still thinking about that girl from last night.

I parked in my usual spot and grabbed my bag; locking the car and walking towards the school. As I got closer I noticed some of the students talking while staring at me. Great, if I wasn’t a big enough freak before.

I spotted Vicky and Van by Van’s locker and walked over.

“Hey guys.” I said with a yawn.

“Whoa, what party where you at and why didn’t you invite us?”

“Couldn’t sleep last night. No party.”

“Ah-ha, you keep telling yourself that.”

We headed off to our first class and which was maths. Kyle was at our usual seat and I walked over to him, Vicky and Van weren’t in this class.

I tossed my heavy bag on the floor and fell into the seat. I felt a pair of eyes on the back of my head but ignored them, already knowing who they belonged to.

“Morning beautiful. What’s with the extra baggage?” Crap I forgot to take the books back to my locker.

“You and the terrible two forgot to take my books back to my locker after you had brought it to your master, now I’m forced too carter it around like some kind of book merchant.” I pouted, crossing my arms over my chest as I spoke.