Chapter 7

“She’s already dead Ethan, they is no way you can do this.” Conner said, kneeling next to me.

“Then it’ll take more than just me to bring her back, now won’t it?”

“Ethan I hope you know what you’re doing.”

We both placed our hands over Violets dead body and began the process of bringing her back from the dead.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 7

Ethan’s POV

It’s been nearly two months since Violet got shot at the quickie mart. She had been technically dead for an hour before Connor and I could revive her. Her brain had been shut off for a little too long, causing her to go into a coma, the doctors said that she died for three minutes on the operating table as well, and that the coma was because she lost so much blood, but I knew that the coma was a necessary thing to happen in order for her to become a Somniator. Her body and brain needed to adapt to the change as well as wake up from the death sleep she was in.

“I bet she made it to the river, that’s why you two took so long in the conversion.” Jonathan said, crossing and re-crossing his arms while we sat in Violets room with her little sister, just waiting and watching.

“She couldn’t have made it that far. She was only dead for five maybe ten minutes before Connor and I started the conversation.” We spoke in Latin, the standard language for our kind, so that Violets little sister wouldn’t understand.

Her sister was strangely mature for her age. When we first met, she refused to allow us into the room, she wanted to know why I was there at the quickie mart, what I was doing to Violet, how long I had known Violet, what were my intentions with Violet. She was really strange, she kept referring to someone named Lion Heart, and she said that if I hurt her sister I would have to deal with her. She was cute, and she had spunk, defiantly not one to mess with, nothing like… no, I won’t think about her, they may share looks, but they are nothing alike.

“Still it’s a little strange that it took such a long time to bring her round, it would make sense if she had reached the river.” Jonathan said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“But that still doesn’t make sense, how could she have reached the river that fast unless she had someone on the other side guiding her.” I said thoughtfully.

“Her da’s dead is he not?” Connor asked making us all realize that it could have been her father that was guiding her away from her body.

“Yes, yes he is. Died four years ago according to Vicky and Van.” Jonathan said sounding a bit worried.

“Let just hope she hadn’t –“

“But if she did, then her abilities as a Somniator would be stronger, because she had been in the river.”

“I already know that Jonathan.” I grumbled, “Can we please just drop this subject.” I said sounding a bit weary as I went to stand by the wall.

The worst part about this whole situation is the waiting. Waiting to see if the transformation worked, waiting to see how much she remembered of that night, waiting to see if she had indeed reached the river.

We were all quiet for a while, Lily was dozing off next to Violet, we were all lost in our thoughts.

If she did reach the River Styx, we can all just pray that D didn’t see her, that’s his dwelling, his domain and if she was submerged in the river, who knows what would be attracted to her.