Chapter 19

(Recap)

I ran out of the house and threw up again until there was only dry heaves left in what I’m assuming to be the garden. When I finally got a grip I broke down, crying at what I had seen, what is happening to me? I followed a ghost and found her dead body. I sat on the damp floor and hugged my legs to my chest and cried.

I calmed down a little and got my sense back, I can’t leave her like that, I need to tell the police, but how do I explain how I found her?

Then I saw a payphone across the street.

Slowly getting up I walked over and dug into my pocket and pulled out a quarter and dialed 911.

“911 what’s your emergency?”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 19

Ethan’s POV

After I dropped Vi off I went to Tommy’s. His necklace worked, D had no idea that Vi was a Somniator. There were so many close calls last night when D asked about Missy and about Vi's near death experience, I nearly died…again. Thank god she had the sense to say nothing; I never want to go through something like that again.

I pulled up to an apartment building and parked in the underground parking. I locked my door and walked inside and punched the code to Tommy’s apartment in the elevator, and then it started to take me to the top floor where Tommy lived.

Tommy is the oldest reaper and knows a lot more about D and how to get around him, better than anyone in existence. You see, D found him in roughly 1323BC which would make Tommy 3,353 years old. Most people are fooled by his appearance because D found him when he was a skinny nineteen year old and there are rumors that he is the King Tut as in Pharaoh Tutankhamen the youngest Pharaoh to have ever lived, but it hasn’t been confirmed. He’s not big on talking but he’s a good guy, always there when you need him.

The elevator dinged on Tommy’s floor and I walked out to his penthouse/bachelor pad and walked straight to his games room. It’s the one place you are sure to find Tommy anytime of the day.

And surprise, surprise there he was sitting at his computer, but what struck me as odd was the fact that he wasn’t playing games, he seemed to be researching something.

“Hey man, did the necklace work?” He asked without looking at me. He did that sometimes, he kind just knew who you where or when you were near him. I thought it was because he has cameras in his elevator, but he's like that outside his apartment full of gadgets.

“Yip it worked.” I said walking over to beeter see what's he  up too.

“It looks like you got laid.” He said still not turning to look at me.

“How do you know? You never turned around once, since I entered the room.”