Chapter 25

(recap)

It's like I had lost two people that I cared for in one go, just like that, with no warning, nothing. Okay so I knew my mom was going to die, but the way she died or at least catching Ethan taking her soul from her body and the shadows at the hospital… they moved like him or he moved like them.

What do I do? What is he?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 25

Ethan's pov

 "WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY'RE ALMOST HERE? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?" I was at Tommy’s house again, we were still tracking the progress of the large amount of ghosts heading towards this town, no doubt they were coming for  Violet.

"Like I said before, I'm not even sure how they're even able to move away from their haunting grounds, so how am I supposed to know if the speed they're moving at is appropriate." Tommy said irritated. I think I was starting to get on his nerves because since finding out that there was an army of ghost heading this way for Violet I was here every chance I  got. We tried getting answers out of the ghosts around here, but they weren’t forthcoming, they are never easy to talk to. The only person able to make them do what he wants is D, and there was no way I was going to go to  D with this.

"Why are they after her? What do they want with her?"

"I don't know, maybe because she's the first Somniator to be made in a while and she is a powerful one at that made special by her loving boyfriend."

"You're not helping Tom."

"Well neither are you, with you pacing and complaining. Don't you have  somewhere else to be? Some souls to collect for D or a make-out session with your girl?"

Just then my phone dinged indicating I had a message. "Speak of the devil."   I muttered as I pulled the phone from my back pocket to read who my next parcel was.

"Oh shit!"

I felt my heart drop and a sinking feeling starting to form in the pit of my stomach.

I read the text, about three times hoping it would change but it was the same

243 Merigold Lane, Rose Spenser. To be delivered by Ethan only, none negotiable. Time of delivery 13:23

That was Violets mom. I knew she was sick, but I was hoping I wouldn't be the one collecting. This would be just like D to make me collect my girlfriend’s mom; I just hope Vi isn't home.

"What?  What is it?" Tommy asked from his computer.

"My next parcel is my girl’s mom."

"Shit, tough one. Well good luck, don’t forget to lock the door behind you when you leave." He said and then he turned back around and continued typing.