Chapter 33

(Recap)

I needed to tell Ethan. I stood up a little unsteadily at first from getting up too fast and then found my momentum. I rushed down the stairs sometimes taking two at a time.

I saw Ethan at the door, he was turned towards me. He must have heard me coming down the stairs. My foot slipped and Ethan was there in a blink of an eye, barely noticing,

“Ethan, Ethan, I just had a dream.” Brandon burst through the door out of breathe, like he had run a marathon.

“Ethan we have trouble. Cecidit s-“ Before he could finish his sentence we heard howling and screeching, it sounded like a bunch of wild animals were headed our way and I knew it was too late… he had found us.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 33

Ethan’s POV

I had left Violet curled up under the covers after she had fallen asleep a few hours ago. I was still stunned to know that she still wanted me, never mind loved me, after everything I had told her, everything that I had done and most importantly, what I was.

She now knew everything about me, all that I was and all that I am, and still she stayed with me. Every time I looked at her my heart responds, feeling like it wants to jump right out of my chest, right towards its new owner.

I reluctantly turned away from her walking down the stairs to find my phone. The sun had already started to set and I still hadn’t heard anything from anybody. I reached for my phone to call Tommy and found out, if he had found anything yet and saw I had one voice mail from him. It was left last night; I pressed the button and listened to it.

“Ethan, I found out what’s happening, why D wants your girl and it’s not good man. I need to talk to you. I found this book and…” He said sounding out of breath. There was silence on the line for a short while then I heard him whisper,

“Shit.” Silence again then,

“I was wondering when you’d find me.” He said distantly and I knew he wasn’t talking to me, then the line went dead. Crap Tommy was in trouble that could have been D. I needed to get to him.

I quickly dial Connor and waited on an answer. They hadn’t checked in since going after Violets family and I was worried about them as well. The phone went straight to voice mail.

“Shit.”

I dialed Tatiana… “Hello Ethan, everything okay?” She asked, concern clear in her voice.

“I’m fine, but I think Tommy’s in trouble. He left a voice mail and I think that he was attacked last night. I need you to check out if everything’s okay.”

“I’m on it.”

“Good… Have you heard anything from Connor or Jonathan?” I asked hoping that they might have called her instead.

“No they haven’t checked in yet.” She was quiet before she asked, “Do you think D got to them?” I knew she was talking about Connor as well as Tommy and I didn’t know how to answer that.

“I hope not. I seriously hope not.”

“I’ll call you if I find out anything. Make sure you do the same.”

“I will and be safe.”

“You too Ethan.” Then she hung up.

I walked over to the kitchen window and just stared outside. Everything feels like its falling apart and we’re running out of places to hide. Soon D will find us, we’ll need to leave here soon, with or without Connor and the others. We’ve already stayed here too long as it is.