Chapter 23

Hello Everyone :D

Long time no see...

So here's the dealio... a lot of you guys begged and pleaded for an update, so here it is. I'm updating a whooping 3 CHAPTERS!!!

THAT'S RIGHT I SAID 3 CHAPTERS

Say what? Who's your favorite writer :D

Anyway... like I said, I want to finish this book before end October so that I can enter it into the Watty awards, so... I'll be uploading a lot.

Enjoy all,

Stay safe

Peace, love and Pokemon

Steph ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Recap)

Shit we were trapped. Finding nowhere to run, we latched on to each other as we watched the shadows near.

So this is it, death by ghost is how I go out for the second time. As they neared, I started to see their hollow faces and glowing eyes, with wide open mouths. Their tattered clothing that clung to their skeletal frames slowly moved as they neared as if a faint wind was blowing.

"Does this happen often to you?" I heard Shaun ask.

"Nope, this is a first."

Then we both screamed as the shadows closed in on us, moving from the sides as well as the ceiling and the only light of the elevator started to flicker as it finally went out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 23

We sunk down to the floor as they neared and I started to feel the damp touch of their outstretched hands. I could smell their putrid breath as it got closer, I shut my eyes tight, to block out the sight of their ghostly faces, so close to mine. This is it, this is the end and for some reason, all I can think about is Ethan not asking me to that stupid dance yet.

We were still screaming with our backs pressed flush against the elevator doors, when there was a ding and then the ground started to move. Both Shaun and I fall backwards losing our balance, we screamed as we fell, still clutching at one another. We hit the ground with a thump, and it seemed like we entered a bright room.

"Are we dead yet? Did they get us?" I asked too afraid to open my eyes.

"Are you two okay?" I opened my eyes at the sound of a friendly concerned elderly voice and looked up into the caring eyes of a grey haired elderly woman.

"Why if it isn't Violet Spenser and Emo boy." I heard a shrill voice say before I could reply or even move and my head snapped towards the sound. Oh please lord let it not be her, anyone but her. When my eyes connected with the owner of that high pitched whine I couldn't help the groan that slipped out of my mouth. Yip I died and gone to hell, so the fall back was the big fall down to hell, and Terry was here with me... the ultimate torture, yes the universe  was just that cruel.

Someone cleared their throat and both Shaun and I jumped up and apart. Awkwardly standing and dusting ourselves off. By now I had realized that  we weren’t dead, mainly from the freaked out looks we were getting from the people around us and from the fact that I had recognized the hospitals  elevator. My foggy mind slowly registered that the woman was still waiting on our response,