Chapter 5

Veira Point of View

Fate – is a f**ked up concept!

And I am its play doll!

I scoffed at my own self. How was I living before the incident and how I am now! Did I offend the forces of the planet somehow to receive sudden punishments from not only good but evil too?

I lied trillions of times in my life; no, that's the core essence of my life but I never fell in trouble for my own lie.

This all happened when that rotting pack made precise plans to check my statements. Not only did they have some suspicions still lingering with them, they went as far to threaten me to prove myself.

I could've proved my statements happily if it was some kind of small and medium enterprise but I had to go overboard and link myself with VIBE.

That fudging conglomerate is huge!

I could've kicked myself for getting myself in the mess if not for the prying eyes on me. They followed me like mosquitoes until I reached the VIBE research center and pronounce myself as the MD that has been working from dark.

'Are they stupid? With your age, how come they believed you are the talented chairperson of the whole group?' Thank the Goddess Dea is the not one of the audience.

'Beats me. But it's good that they did not raise the question yet.' I replied turning my attention back to the old men who are eager to talk to me.

What did I get myself into!

"Why did you decide to reveal yourself now, Miss Lupus?" What was his name again? This man has been interrogating me right from the moment I stepped in and I don't like it a bit.

He is particularly being offensive to me, considering I'm supposed to be their boss. This flock of cattle is hard to set right.

"Do you expect me to stay in the shadows and work? Mr. Miller, you can't be hiding something from me, do you." Maintaining my smile, I jested out those rude words making sure to show him his place.

I glanced through the whole room and my Goddess it was spacious so beautiful. The office cabin is decorated in simple but it was so neat and catchy. Whoever the real one is, he sure has good taste in maintaining his things.

While the office cabin is simple and gorgeous, the whole building is beyond amazing. Everything is made of clear glass; all the researchers, doctors and employees have different coats depending on their course of work.

The researchers wear white lab coats; the intern researchers wear white coats with a blue arm band as a notification of their deployment. The managers of different departments are to wear gray armbands which signify that they have access to the outer circle of labs to an extent.

Other than mangers, the directors are allowed to go inside the labs but only to a certain limit. While the directors have no arm bands or coats, they can enter the closed rooms of labs only after they are registered with iris recognition and fingerprint every time they go in.

The real MD of the group made a notable effort to draw limitations for every single designation so as to maintain a clear order.

"We welcome you officially, Miss Lupus. We are happy to finally work with you in person." Mr. Miller, the old piranha, cleared his throat and gave a welcome speech in hurry.

I nodded curtly with a polite smile, an expression that learnt from my years of swindling experience.

I was just about to reply them, when my nose made a dive into an amazing smell of wet rainy forest. Just a simple smell, only a smell made my heart skips a beat.