Chapter 10

Valeriu Point of View

"Separate the results and conduct hybrid trials. Let's see how the results show up."

The second phase of trials has started and the results are not what I wanted to be. I was expecting something with no notable side effects; I guess I should work on it more.

Thankfully, I'm a little free as the management of VIBE is being taken care of someone else. That gave me pursue my passion a little easily.

I have enough time to do extended researches and study the case in depth.

Thanks to Veira; the human one.

Assigning the initial examination of the sample to the interns, I delved into counter examination of preparing the virus using venom.

It's still a raw idea I have it in my mind but putting it into experimentation is what I'm going to do, now that I have time for counter examinations.

"Hey there." I heard Silva tapping me from the back right when I'm adding components to the base.

"Hey, I heard you just came back from cloud nine." I responded back with a small chuckle.

"Yeah, I thought I would stay there for a while but remembered to inform you back about confirmation. The bone stent experimentation is given a chance." He said with such loud excitement in his voice that even the atoms of the sample are starting to act weird.

"I already saw that coming." Shrugging, I continued to prepare several samples.

"Yeh, courtesy of Miss Lupus the amazing." Right. I agree.

She does have some cool tricks under sleeve for everything. I wouldn't say she is an amazing talent that could take corporate world by storm, but she is a rare talent that knows just how to deal with predicaments and in what manner, to what length exactly.

This brings me to the question that Dan asked me over thousands of times since the kid has been made my proxy. 'Why do you seem to trust her so much?'

To this, I found no answer yet.

It does seem to be the case. I do feel it inside me, the amount of trust and respect she has been gathering from me slowly.

She is made up of cheating cells and deceitful tissues but still, she seems to have a strange package of trust from me.

This girl, somehow, makes me feel at ease.

And makes me wants to tease.

The same evening, I and Veira kid went home together after making sure not be spotted together by anyone.

It was silent in the car, none of us talked. Neither I nor her took initiative to start a conversation. It was between awkward and pleasing silence. One second it was awkward, the other it was good.

Seems like she is still grumbling about my dog's name.

On my defense, how would I know I would one day live with a girl with the same name as my dog? I just named her on instincts.

Although, it turned out good. I could very well use Veira to unnerve Veira and know more about Veira with the help of Veira.

Seems like my life is slowly being Veira-fied!

"So," I cleared my throat to be the matured one here and start the talk. "How was your first day?"

"Not bad." She answered briefly with a nod.

"Any difficulty you faced?"

"Dan."

"Other than him?"