Chapter 41

Valeriu Point of View

"You are a human."

"Yes I am." I confirmed her trying to dissolve the look of utter ridicule on her beautiful face.

She cocked her head at me waiting for me continue as a new chapter of disbelief took over her features. She settled herself on the swing comfortable as she waited for me to speak.

Alright! Time to reveal the truth!

"Let me start from the beginning. I need fifteen uninterrupted minutes from you." I breathed out.

"Several months ago, Professor Acharya, who was was my guiding professor back in the university, won an award for his work on advanced study on brain and mind control system. Although I have my own company and I'm a high profiled researching doctor myself, the topic of his study interested me so he asked me to join his group and so I did. Once the study is out and he received the award, he garnered attention from different directions and many sources; one of them was Elias."

That project was the one what got us into this whole mess; but then again, after thinking closely, I realized it's not the study that is problematic but the people who wants to take the wrong advantage of it.

"How did he get to know about it? As much as I know about that jerk, he is a public enemy in knowledge kingdom." I exhaled a chuckle at her choice of words.

Good thing she is making comments, or else I would've thought she gave up on us with or without hearing me out.

"He wasn't looking for knowledge, little wolf; he was looking for ways to use those with the knowledge for his own benefit."

"Knowing nothing about a certain mythical group of beings at that time, when Elias and his men approached the professor to use his knowledge for creating a drug that can control minds, my professor blatantly refused to do so. He had no idea that Elias is not just a normal human being so he dared to slap the refusal on his face directly."

I paused for a second giving her time to consume everything I'm telling her. I waited for her to process everything on her own.

"Elias must've used his werewolf strength and command to force your professor to join him?" Not bad, she does know a thing or two about that jerk.

"Yes and no. Yes, he threatened him using his werewolf powers and no, because the threatening did not come immediately. When Elias was first rejected, he went out to find some other doctor who can do his bidding in return for money and power but he could find none. The advanced study of my professor's is something he spent years on and only he has that knowledge of what Elias is looking for." She grimaced and nodded her head thoughtfully.

"But isn't mind control something common that most of the psychiatrists can do?"

"It is but you are confusing yourself between hypnosis and mind controlling. They sound similar but are actually completely different. Hypnosis is putting someone in an induced condition to activate their subconscious memory for relative answers. Mind controlling, on the other hand, is getting a partial control on the other's body by using tricks. It's coercing others at your will."

"Understood. Continue."

"Elias couldn't find anyone who has the same resources and knowledge as Professor Acharya. By that time, Elias was already in a hurry to achieve his goal because he was already getting doubted to be not so competent king of werewolves by many. Not to forget, he has blood of many innocents on his hands so he has a lot to cover up. So Elias used money, power and everything he can on the professor to get him on his side but to no avail. My professor did not give in. He said no matter how high and mighty he could get in future, he cannot betray the human kind for a devil like Elias."