Chapter 23

Valeriu Point of View

"You seem unwell, Miss Lupus." Yes she absolutely is. If I have to put her condition in one word, then she is like the coldest icicle in the Arctic.

But Dan, you seem to do not get how to handle her with her mood swings even after working for her for nearly three months.

She is currently frozen with jealousy!

I watched her scan through the documents Fragrance provided her regarding her appointment as a new manager of public relations department.

Beside her stood Dan who is having mix of fear and amusement in his features. I and Fragrance took each of the chairs opposite to her.

Oh the body of absolute despise taking a leisure bath inside her. Her outward appearance is as pleasant as a spring noon but inside she and Dea are competing to win the best Elsa award of the century.

"You are reading too much, Dan. Rest assured, I will not be the one to be sick at the end of the day." That was a promise.

I can clearly hear the bells going off and a promise of something dark and painful is read by the Satan himself.

I didn't expect her to show such huge difference in her behavior when she gets jealous. I thought she didn't care much.

"You got my admiration, Miss Lupus." Fragrance, lovingly known as stench by someone who shouldn't be mentioned now, gazed like a proud adult at Veira.

I can see the night stars in her eyes for Veira.

"And you got my man." That was definitely a whisper which isn't heard by Dan or Fragrance. I heard it because she and Dea said the same thing in their mind too.

"Huh? You said something?"

"Ah yes, I said you got the appointment sorted. I signed and duly stamped it. You are now a part of VIBE, congratulations Ms. Miller." She smiled pretty normally and said in a soft authoritative tone.

But in reality, I don't have to say it.

What's funnier was from the moment Fragrance called her my niece, she didn't even spare a glance at me. If it wasn't for her werewolf DNA, then her teeth would've ground to powder in the span of past half an hour.

"Thanks Veira. Fragrance will only bring the best of VIBE in future. I promise." I managed to sound sincere and grateful.

But that one gaze she finally gave me shot darts of terror in to my heart.

Ouch! That was scary. But can she do anything to me? Nay!

She growled and she did not even conceal it well. I can hear Dea stomping like an elephant on a cockroach in her mind.

Veira kid, I was planning to explain the rumors before they go out of hands but now I will leave it to you to address them in whichever way you see fit.

I guess another girl in picture is just the right way to ignite some romance in Veira's heart. So be it!

Let Fragrance spread the smell of romance between us.

"I should've joined in the company by the start of this year itself but due to sudden trip to France it got delayed. You see, I went there on a personal errand from your uncle here. I am his only trusted confidant." You are going just right Fragrance. Keep doing the same.

"I can see it. I expect the same trust towards you in the future, Ms. Miller. You should be as good as your uncle. I have great respect for him."

According to the resent thesis I read on werewolves, I found out that they are uncontrollable when they are angered, more so when their mates are involved in certain situations.