Chapter 6

Valeriu Point of View

Her left eye shredded ice.

Her right eye sparked flames.

Her nose scrunched with annoyance.

Her mouth turned straight with disbelief.

Simply put, she is extremely angry and annoyed at me. Why though!

Because I am the owner of my own company and she is absolutely displeased with the fact.

I've done many researches; created and developed many medicines and formulas; I'm knowledgeable in poison medicines. Being a senior doctor, researcher and professor with many degrees, for the first time ever none of my experience or knowledge is helping me figure out the mindset of the female sitting before me.

She is annoyed and enraged at me because she somehow heard what I whispered to my PA and found out I'm the real owner of my conglomerate.

Should I be the one who should be furious right now at her for swindling my employees?

"Give me one good reason why we shouldn't send you to jail." My PA, Dan, slammed on the coffee table.

His action gained a little unwanted attention from the employees rounding about on my private floor to have a talk with the new MD. I waved my hand at him to keep it calm and quite as I don't want this issue to get to anyone's notice yet.

"Let's see; Dr. Cazacu chose to be a doctor rather than exposing himself as a chairperson. This means you are passionate about what you do and want to keep both of your jobs separately. If you call cops on me, I can as well tell them that you hired me to be your proxy for time being."

How old is she? Twenty? Twenty-one or twenty-two?

She got caught in her act red handed but still she is calm enough to come up with a backup to get herself out of the mess.

If I wasn't confused and a little angered, I would say she is pretty impressive.

Dan scoffed in disbelief and gaped at her for talking to me in that attitude. "And they would believe you?"

"If I show them the packet of down payment I received for my services, then yes." She answered confidently.

That confidence, that attitude, that composure; this isn't the first time she is deceiving someone for the first time and she is definitely not new to talking herself out of any predicament.

She is a real pro!

This little girl is interesting!

"What if we press for further investigation regarding the money?" Let's see what you have. You are just a little girl who got yourself in an unforeseen situation, I don't think you can walk out of it if I close all the doors of your escape.

The little liar grinned at me almost as if ridiculing me for asking such a question. Well, you really have your next move planned? Let's hear it then.

"Dr. Cazacu, are you really the real deal? Please show me the proofs of declaration of your designation again." When she only got a raise of an eyebrow as reply from me and Dan, she continued further.

"For one, I will say I was given cash. I have some personal savings that I can use as proof. If they want to investigate the source of cash I received, who will they investigate? Remember, you are the real chairperson and no one knows about it so they can't go and investigate you. Unless –" Her smile grew as she took a gulp of fresh juice before she continued.

"Unless?" Dan pressed for an answer.

"Unless you want to reveal your secret." She got me there.