Chapter 44

Valeriu Point of View

She is beautiful!

God save me, the more I'm with her that more I'm finding myself hopelessly falling for her.

The moment I'm not with her, I keep falling for her even more.

She is just so charming. Not a sweet talker, no-nonsense girl with a wolf full of sweet nonsense.

The past few days, I've been giving her the best of the treatment to my ability. I've been pampering her with sweet whispers and sound kisses. I'm trying to make her feel loved.

She has been emotionally independent for far many years and now I vow to compensate it with my love.

She deserves it. She deserves every bit of affection and attention of mine. She is my mate and I am her completely by soul, heart and body.

"You did not do any wrong." I heard Fuller from the other side of the call.

Not this again!

"Yes I did not."

"Then why are you groveling behind her for her attention and forgiveness? You even tried to keep her away from all the mess; if any, she should feel grateful to you." This man cannot be saved!

"Do you have a girl you love?" I asked, exhaling in disbelief.

"No." Thought so.

"Then you won't understand me. Veira is the girl I love. Tell you something funny? She knows it herself that I did not do anything wrong towards her. She –"

"And she is still acting up and you are playing along?" Is this man a robot?

What percentage is his EQ?

"That is her way of relying on me. She is discreetly seeking my attention and I'm giving her what she needs. She is a girl who grew up all alone and has gone through hell and back. For someone who has trust issues, who is emotionally independent – let's say she was forced to be emotionally strong by the circumstances; when such a girl finds a man who is destined for her, who is made for her, who loves her and whom she loves, it is natural she acts cautious. What she needs is not completely love, she needs assurance and I'm giving it to her. I'm making attempts so she gets used to be me, stay beside me."

I'm not in the losing end as well, entertaining her is entertaining myself with her. She means world to me and for her, if I have to be patient, then it's worth it.

"Veira, Dea, they are still young. If they are comfortable enough to be mischievous and impudent with me, then I would say I made a great success in having her heart."

Letting them have their way is what makes me happy. I don't find anything rude whatsoever they do or say.

They are just adorable. I'm happy they are bringing out their youthfulness out freely.

"You are a gone case. Right, I got the papers you asked for. I mailed them to you." Putting the call on the speaker mode, I opened my mail and saw the paper he was talking about.

I went through all of them and was pretty satisfied with them.

"Thanks. I owe you this one."

"Just keep an eye on your rogue mate. That'll be thousand dollars for me." Once a jerk, always a jerk.

He still treats her like a rogue.

That noon, I continued my usual ritual of having lunch with Ms. CEO like every other day. From the day we came back, the office and its employees has been buzzing about my relationship with Veira and I couldn't be happier.