Chapter 13

Veira Point of View

"That was so sly of you." I heard a familiar voice whisper into my ear.

Elder Cazacu and I stood by the side of the reception desk and quietly watched Mr. Valdez being taken away by the police.

A smile snaked on my lips as my eyes met with Valdez's furious ones. But the fury in his eyes beyond measurable when they looked at Mr. Miller, the person who got Valdez there in the first place.

"Why didn't you eliminate him directly, Miss Lupus?" Asked Dan who came to my other side and whispered softly so only I and Elder Cazacu could hear.

Dan's voice held both amazement and puzzlement.

"She is just a little girl who seems to be very humble and introvert. How can she do that?" Why do I get the feeling that Elder Cazacu knows more about me than he let know.

He seems to understand me and my silence pretty well and in some cases, his assumptions are pretty accurate.

Are all scientists like this?

'No, he is our mate so he ought to be special.'

Alright. I understand. I couldn't even talk straight with that wolf who made me wear girlish clothes and made me perform opera but it was seducing Cazacu actually.

It has been a week I dressed up like a doll and embarrassed myself to no end. I couldn't even meet my own eyes in the mirror after I mortified myself in the name of seduction.

I am not doing that again!

"If anything I learnt from my life, then it is to hide your cards well, Dan." I spoke as we saw Valdez shouting, screaming and accusing Miller for doing this to him.

He started revealing all the bad things Miller asked him to do and how much of an a** he is that people didn't even know.

I don't know about others, but when there is an ugly fight going in front of me, I enjoy it. Only when they are utterly bad, though.

I sound cruel now but I really love such scenes!

"So, you tricked Miller into being the hero?" Oh Dan! Why didn't you learn anything from your boss?

I kept silent and let Elder Cazacu explain it to him. "Nah, not a hero but a villain. With the innocent and helpless act she put on, Miller was tricked to be one to take action against his own ally, Valdez. He may seem like a hero to others but to Miller's allies, he is more of a villain that is waiting to swallow them."

"Now, no matter how much Miller proves to be an efficient person, his allies will surely have that seed of doubt sprouting inside them. Do they believe him anymore? Mostly likely they would but not blindly. I, on the other side, ah, it's my time to perform my next scene. Catch up with you two later."

I hurried towards Miller, who by the way, is boiling with unspoken anger. If defeat is a wrinkle, his face is wrapped in them.

I blinked my eyes and soon enough the gates to my dam released and tears started to fall from my eyes. "I'm a failure."

'You are actually.' Wow! I need no enemy from outside. I have one living inside me.

'Thank you. Although you are the reason for it, I appreciate your frequent commentary.'

"What you are speaking, Miss Lupus?" Miller turned to me and put on the fake concern on his face.

"I'm a failure. I am. I – I didn't know my own people. I couldn't handle my own people; of course I'm a loser."