Chapter 18

Veira Point of View

I'm used to it now!

I'm used to how things suddenly take a different turn and make it hard for me.

I was planning to go by Dea's wish and our luck with our human mate but seems like we should put the plan off the charts for a while until another eclipse on my like wears off.

I knew it would happen one day or the other but never knew it would so early. I've been followed and watched from a few days and by the smell of it I know they are werewolves from packs.

What's more surprising was they smell of different packs along with the murderous musk coming out of them.

They are here with the intention of a brutal kill!

From office to home, I've been under strict surveillance. They think I don't know about their stalking but playing innocent is one of my greatest weapons.

'What did wolfbook say again?' Dea asked with no anxiety at all. I know we can handle few warrior werewolves singlehandedly pretty easily but that comes with a bigger consequence.

'There was a discussion about rogue attacks on northern plains leaving severe casualties behind.' Wolfbook is like a facebook for werewolves only.

I created it a few years ago along with few more web applications and websites available only for werewolves under a pseudonym so the creator cannot be tracked down.

Perks of being a computer genius!

Luckily, they were a huge hit and was used by almost every living werewolf on the planet.

'Rogue attack on packs of northern plains is like asking for a death wish. Which group of fool rogues would go and open their butts to them?' Now that's the real question.

Union of Northern plain packs are considered stronger and mightier than the royal pack. Why would someone have pickle with them?

But the result of their careless actions is what caused me the trouble. According to the discussion and the notifications posted on the websites, the union has decided to eliminate every living rogue on the planet as a tribute to their deceased pack members.

'While I admire their loyalty towards their people, they are taking the whole issue to a fake skin solution level by not investigating it properly before taking action.'

'I don't think this is as simple as it looks. No matter how strong or strategic the group of rogues is, attacking northern plains is still a foolish move. See where it got us now. We are innocent and had nothing to do with but all thanks to them we are suspended to be a victim in an assassination mission.'

We just met our mate recently; I'm hesitant to trust him with my future but he is still our mate who is made especially for us. I didn't even start to form a real bond with him or start to have a tacit understanding between us and I'm already on the verge of loosing my life.

I may be a cunning wolf with mouth full of lies and cells made up of tricks but I'm still a rogue werewolf who is alone. Reason is something that wolves forewent, depending overly on their physical strength.

"MISS LUPUS!" My ears almost got their dream funeral by the way Dan screamed my name.

When did he come?

Was I too immersed in my own thoughts that I didn't even hear or feel him coming?

Dan was standing on the other side of the table with a huge pile of documents and files that needs my immediate attention.