Chapter 25

Valeriu Point of View

Camping in the middle of the woods, surrounded by nature, indeed did well on Veira.

One her feet touched the wet ground of grass and mud, her eyes went alive by a thousand times than they were before.

She has this beautiful smile plastered on her lips all the time and that was enough proof that she is enjoying the place.

Probably, it must be Dea who is enjoying it better given the category of species she belongs too. That very moment when I saw that unburdened smile, I decided I would get her a forest of her own in future so she can have her frequent runs.

The staff is equally enjoying the trip in the midst of green heaven that seems to be getting extinct slowly. We had just finished making each of our tents and set the cooking places.

Veira has a tent of her own, agreed she is the boss; while others shared paired up and shared a tent each.

I share one with Dan on Veira's insistence!

I guess she trusts Dan enough to try and keep Fragrance away from me. I like how she thinks, though!

But what is getting on my nerves is me being enslaved by my personal assistant. Here, I'm arranging our things in order by a side neatly in the cottage while he is enjoying a walk inside our miniature tent.

He has been walking here and there from the past fifteen minutes that it started to give me a headache even when my head is not present here instead indulged in some important thinking.

"You can't be serious." He started again and just like past few minutes, I ignored him.

"Are you going to ignore me?" Wow, few months under Veira's employ, he isn't even addressing me properly.

"I'm planning to, for now." I answered with a little shrug without looking at him. Unlike him, I have a lot of unpacking to do.

His and mine, both!

Life of a boss is weird these days!

"Boss " Ah, finally he remembered. I finally looked at him and noticed the anxiety has already eaten a half of his face.

He walked to me and knelt down before me, close enough for people to think our relationship otherwise.

"Boss, I thought this place is dangerous for Miss Lupus?" He started out loud but soon closed into me to proceed with a whisper.

"Hmm."

"And we are here for camping."

"Hmm."

"But why?" I handed him one end of the thick blanket while I took the other as we continued to fold it properly.

"Because Fragrance decided it." My simple answer must've caused a depression to him that he gasped like a fish out of water for minute.

Dan has been working for me from nearly seven years and this is the first time he is being this hysterical. I don't blame him though. I have my own purpose for daring this.

"But this is the forest surrounded by werewolves of Northern plains. Miss Lupus is in danger by them."

"I know." I said and before I hear a reprimand from him which I guess would be a long one considering how he took a long breathe, I continued to talk. "But they cannot harm her."

Dan fell in silence for a second before he asked why that is. "Because I made sure of it."

"Was that why you met Christopher Fuller the other day?"