Chapter 42

Veira Point of View

Scoundrelly clever!

He got the mate feeling right from the first touch. He could hear Dea in his mind. By the looks of it, he is more of a werewolf than I am.

I don't know why I'm getting angry at him when he didn't even do anything offensive to me.

"Wow, you stumble on gold even in a muddy pit; what luck you have, Dr. Cazacu." I scoffed pulling my hair back, away from my face. "You walk into Elias's trap and found a mate for yourself; a werewolf mate." I snickered at the absurdity of the scenario.

Between a werewolf and a human, a human first found out that the werewolf girl is his mate while the werewolf knew nothing about it.

Did Moon Goddess made him on her special days?

"Finding you there at that time raised the difficulty of my situation, Veira. I was on an important mission regarding life and death of millions of lives and I was somehow the key person that was supposed to drag the whole plot and act against him at the right point of time and then suddenly you popped out of nowhere giving me those electrifying butterfly-ish sparks making my heart go crazy in a second; tell me what did you want me to do? Bring you home and make a happy family; for Elias to take advantage of and eventually destroy it?"

'He has a point there. He was indeed dealing with a lot of dangerous jerks at that time. Just in this case, only in this case, I agree with your point.'

Hearing her clearly, Elder Cazacu threw a small smile towards me which isn't directed to me but to the wolf inside me.

"Don't get your head inside your knickers and continue." I grumped out giving him an irritated look. "I remember I woke up in small house owned by an old couple that runs a flower shop in the town. I take it you sent me there."

"Hmm. I did. I didn't want you to get yourself into the whole mess. The old couple were there, running the flower shop for centuries and are well known for their kindness so I asked them a favor to house you there for the night and requested them not to tell anything about me."

Oh yes, the old man and woman are indeed kind. They even made a hangover soup and narrated how I crawled on the streets in my drunken state and how they took pity on me and took me in for the night.

Goodness! I still couldn't remember what happened that night. Was I that drunk?

"Since humans are not obliged to go through the same overwhelming feeling of completely and painfully taken by their mate, I will not take it against you when you left me there just like that."

To that, Elder Cazacu sighed and held my hands tightly in his. His slowly started to make circles on my hand with his thumb as he tried to explain himself in a better way.

"Even without the sparks and electrifying feeling, my heart skipped a beat when I first saw you. I felt like a perverted pedophile when I was watching you from my table while having my drink. You got my interest when you kicked those men so easily even in your intoxicated state and trust me I did not feel that way towards any woman till then in my thirty something years of life. I never entertained ladies for pleasure." His tone was scratchy which scratched me with sincerity.

He sounded so sincere and heartfelt that I had to bite my inner cheek to keep myself from smiling.

No, I can't smile. Not yet.

"So by then you did not know of Elias's obsession for me."

"No I didn't. I left you there so you can go your way for the time being. I was planning to come back for you and maybe chase you, court you after I'm done with the king of werewolves. I didn't know I would succeed or not nor I knew not if I would be alive or dead by the end of it. My study on werewolves told me that a mate makes a wolf both strong and vulnerable, so, just so my possible death may not affect you, I chose to leave. But who would've thought you would come to the city with your performing arts ability."