Chapter 20

Veira Point of View

"Hah! Seeing you and your King I suddenly remember a phrase I read a long time ago. 'Thief calling others thief'." The mocking snort was just the right ingredient to rile him up even more.

I might be a rogue and an inferior in their dirty perception but I'm a person who grew up to be what I am alone. If I were to die, then I'm taking down every one of those dirty paws.

"Careful there, rogue." His steps did falter with my words and he indeed got stunned when I showed him the mirror but being a tartuffe he is, he still couldn't get the depth of my words.

"Go ahead and kill me. Rogues are evil, harmful wolves that nice and good wolves like yourself should end them and uphold justice for the whole werewolf community blah blah blah! But don't forget the King of all werewolves is a part rogue too. He shall be the last in line to be slaughtered by you all."

Oh yes, I will take down each one of them with me to hell!

If they thought I'm weak or a kind lady, then they doesn't know what kind of stuff I went through to become the way I am.

"How dare you little rogue to talk nonsense about His Majesty? You are calling for an early death." No matter how well you grind your teeth Fuller, I decided to burn you with me if I have to.

"Don't tell me you don't know that the King's grandmother was a rogue who never was an official pack member until she died at the age of seventy four. She chose to be a fulltime rogue and your Majesty has her blood running through his veins. She was a rogue yet she ruled the werewolf kingdom as a queen for several years. She really inspires me."

"That was three centuries ago and she was an excellent queen who pushed the greatness of our community to next level." The hold on his knife loosened as he retreated back a step. That got me laughing out loud.

Christopher Fuller is sure full of nonsense!

This man deserves an award for having such impressive double standards. One cannot be taught or learn such things. It should come from heart by birth.

"Fuller oh Fuller, do you think people believe it? Like you said it was three centuries ago. Who would know what kind of a rogue she is and what kind of a rogue the King is?" I gave him a lopsided smile.

"Careful, Fuller! What if our people think union of northern plains is planning a treachery to usurp the throne? Using rogues as your shield, you can easily execute the current king. Not a bad plan, not a bad plan." I mumbled in a whispered tone as I leaned forward close to the great Christopher Fuller.

Fuller went quite; sure he was having a private talk with his wolf or mind linking with other members.

'Do you think it will work?'

'No. But it will buy us more time. After what I reminded him about, they will think ten times before approaching us but it will not ensure our safety completely.'

'Your brain works better when we are about to die. Once we handle this problem, I'm going to have a salt bath to wash off Fuller's stench. He stinks more than evil rogues.'

That I agree!

Alright, if we get out of this problem permanently, then I'll allow my wolf to take a swim in the salts she wanted to.

'So this was what you were doing in the wolfbook the whole time. You were inciting a discussion about a possible treason the northern plains are doing under the name of rogues. That was terrific. I'm not ashamed to be your wolf when you do things like this.'