Chapter 26

Veira Point of View

'Why in the name of Goddess did you make me run away?'

'You made me run away from our brightly shining Godly mate.'

'Do you even understand the gravity of the matter?'

'I want my mate, now.'

'I want to purr in his arms, now.'

'I want to lick him wet, now'

'I want to squeeze him like a tube of wasabi, now.'

'I want to smell his manliness, now.'

'I want him now, you skinned pig.'

I simply ignored her. I explained her that he doesn't know that it was us so he might not feel so bright about encountering a wolf, size of a mountain.

But does that animal in body and air in brain understand?

She kept on ranting giving me feces load of headache. We have many things to worry about as of now and all she cares is not licking the mate with long beastly tongue.

As if he would be ready to take a shower under her mouth generated sticky liquid that smells awful thanks to the habit of not brushing the teeth that wild animals have.

"Veira, where have you been? I was looking for you." How the hell did he come this close to me? I didn't even hear him let alone smell him.

With thumping heart, I took two steps forward before turning back to face him. In all his brilliant appearance, he stood there, in front of me, with one of his hand tuck into his pant pocket and the other scratching his forehead with a finger so stylishly that for a moment I wonder if he really is a God that Dea claimed.

Right that moment, flashes of him standing before my wolf came to me. He was there standing so fearless, with eyes telling so much only I did not understand.

And that was what probed me to run away before he reached us. He has a small smile when he looked down to my wolf.

No fear.

No surprise.

If I read the wrinkles on his face correctly, if I understood the waves in his eyes properly, then there is no doubt he was looking down on my wolf knowingly.

Sparks flew in his eyes when they crinkled in amazement at the sight of us. His heartbeat was the proof that the thump thump of it wasn't caused by terror, it was caused by wonder.

A delightful wonder.

I expected many things when a human encounters such huge wolf but nothing ended up with a meaningful look.

"I – went on a walk." I said running my tongue on my lips.

At that moment, it felt as if nothing mattered to me only if I have him with me. It was caused by the encounter a few moments ago or was it a result of acceptance I'm slowly getting to, I don't know.

I only figured that I find him surprisingly very dear to me.

"I see. Next time you go somewhere, put a simple word to me so I don't have to worry about your disappearance." There was no mock in his tone.

"Oh."

He suddenly, for some good reason, decided to close into me by keeping only air passable distance between us. We were in the camping premise and anyone could see us if they cross the border circle.

"Beautiful." He sighed, tracing his fingers delicately along the coast of jaw. Sparks flew like fireworks on an Indian festival from a mere touch from him.