Chapter 28

Veira Point of View

"When did this all start?" I broke the silence. One day he was teasing me like I'm his playmate and the next, he announced he loves me in front of everyone.

"When did what start?" Oh, come on!

"Your undying, unwavering, earth-shattering love for me." I made it a point to let him know I'm being sarcastic.

He can't just go out to the public and announce his feelings for me; not when I don't know anything about it myself.

"I'm waiting for the earth-shattering part of love from you." He smiled.

How come I don't seem to understand this man well even though I kind of understand him? Is that even possible?

We stepped into the dark part of the forest by the stream, making sure we are not disturbed or found. If I'm getting a clarification from him, I will get it completely without any disturbance.

"Elder Cazacu, what happened to you suddenly? I thought – "

"Don't think everything by yourself, Veira. In your case your thoughts are what holding you back. If you forego them for a minute, then you might see everything clearly."

I looked at him lost for words. I might not openly accept it but what he said is not wrong. I do have a thoughtful mind that goes on thinking anything and everything.

'Good thing I use mine scarcely.' I can't with her.

"I – " I started not knowing what to say.

When he looked down at me with such knowing and understanding sparks in his eyes, for a moment my heart almost went unarmed.

His hand slowly inched towards me and wrapped my waist pulling me to him. My chest went plastered to his like we are part of same body.

That is how close we are.

My breath hitched at his sudden moment and eyes went wide when one moment I was two meters away from him and the next I'm plastered to him –

Deliciously!

I felt the feeling delicious. I hate to admit it out but it felt so good to be touched by him. The signature mate bond sparks are now well seasoned that they went haywire on my body.

Electricity passed through every inch of me almost making me dizzy with pleasure. My eyes fluttered when my mind went blank. No thoughts processed up there.

All the senses gave up on me at that moment and I am no more in control of my body anymore. And to say that this is all because of one single touch of his, it scared me.

And I'm hardly scared of anything!

My werewolf strength did not work on him; not at that moment at least. I felt weak everywhere, leaving all the weight of my body on him.

To think that he has such power over me, I started to think if this is the cause of his own strength or my own weakness for him.

His face inched closer to mine, a breath away from mine. "I will not reassure any of your insecurities." He spoke causing confusion in me.

"No words of mine will be able to reassure you if you set your mind on the worst case." He whispered rubbing his nose over mine creating storm of tingles.

"Instead I will wait for your instincts to rule your judgment. Let your instincts decide my worth. You want to know when I started to have feelings for you, didn't you? I will tell you when you are ready to accept me wholeheartedly with no doubts pestering you."