Chapter 40

Veira Point of View

"Online friends?"

"Hmm."

"From four years?"

"Yep."

"And you didn't know he was a prince until few months ago?"

"Exactly."

"In that case, he knew about Elias's treason from a long time back?"

"More or less."

"You were already planning to take down Elias along with the now Alpha King?"

"Not really. The whole thing just turned out this way on its own. No matter how cruel Elias was, Senan was still loyal to his King; until I told him about Elias having Rowan's blood on his hands. He started digging about Elias from thereafter. After all killing one's innocent mate is a serious crime."

Christopher Fuller, Elder Cazacu, Elder Mathews, Elder Sylvester and the royal beta have their mouth hung down.

"I'm stuck Alpha. You got yourself a rogue friend when your parents were killed by the same kind." Elder Mathews, the snobbish yet a just Elder of the pack spoke out his doubt without any filters.

"A bunch of rogues killed them but another rogue saved me. Also, Veira is a darling, rogue or not." He shrugged coming over to where I sat and attempted to steal strawberries from my bowl.

You can steal money.

You can steal jewelry.

You can steal anything but you shouldn't steal food from a girl.

I pulled away the bowl making sure he doesn't get any of them. He raised a brow at me and frowned as he tried to take one again but to no avail.

"I'll take it back. You are no darling but a cruel monster." Senan grumbled going back to sit where he was before.

"Thank you."

"Let me get this straight; few years ago in a rogue attack, she seemed to pass by that area and saved the young prince without knowing his identity. You both then proceeded to continue your friendship through online sources and only recently did she find out that the virtual friend of hers is a prince. You both then found out more atrocities done by Elias and decided to join hands to take him down." Fuller summarized everything to which Senan nodded.

"You can say that Dr. Cazacu is a variable we did not expect." Hearing Senan, the quiet elder Cazacu stared blankly at me and Senan.

"Then what about my professor?" Elder Cazacu asked after keeping silent for a long time.

"When Fuller was drugging all the men in Elias army, my spy found out the location of your professor. Guess where he was locked up." Senan posed which is answered by none.

"There is a secret compartment the goes down beneath the graves of Elias's parents and none knows about it. Your professor was locked up there. Tell me, who would have thought to dig the previous King and Queen's graves and commit a crime just to satisfy their curiosity? Elias took this as an advantage."

Not bad! But digging his own parents graves is a little too ruthless.

"True." Came in unison.

"Alright then, now that the whole thing is over, I should go back to my life." I announced, stretching my hands above my head.

"I should take my professor and leave as well. I left all the work back. I need to thank you all for saving my professor and playing along with my plans." Elder Cazacu stood up as he stole a glance at me.