Chapter 27

Valeriu Point of View

Silence.

Absolute and bamboozled silence reigned. Everyone went stiff as if they were frozen. Not even a hair on their head was moving; all that was seen was complete shock and incomprehension clouded in every inch of them.

But the shock and silence did not just made a guest appearance on the others but to the lady in question as well.

Veira!

On contrary, Dea has been running wild in Veira's mind with no amount of confusion as to why I had made such a claim.

That animal sure is simple minded!

"I'm sorry?" Fragrance was the first one to get out of her trance. If everyone was baffled by my sudden confession, Fragrance, on the other hand, is simply burning without unseen fire.

There is no doubt an ocean of puzzlement in her facial features but that didn't stop the waves of complete absurdity and envy hitting the shore.

"You heard it right." I shrugged, saying it casually.

"Err..." The man who confessed his feelings for Veira started unable to comprehend what to speak. That was followed by a series of coughs and throat clearing.

"Dr. Cazacu, you – umm –" He started again but couldn't speak out.

Beside me, Veira is still rigid and quite. She has her mouth agape with her eyes casted everywhere but on me.

Was my confession so sudden?

Everyone is stunned, understandable but she shouldn't have to. Wasn't she expecting something similar to this anytime soon?

"She is not my niece. There is no blood or a non-blood relation that makes the bond between us paternal." I was firm in my words so everyone, including Veira, gets the hint.

Holding the hand that was assaulting her dress in a tight tensed grip, I raised it to my lips and gave it a small peck.

"She is as much a woman to me as Fragrance Miller or any other women are, if not more." I studied their faces lazily and found them expressing their astonishment in unison.

Fragrance included.

Ah, she also has the burn from before visible only to destined and intended people like me and Veira.

Oh, Dea too! Because Dea has been making such hilarious comments on honorable Stench's current appearance that it started to waver my resolution on being serious and relaxed.

Her comments went something like –

'You hear that foul smelling rotten egg in human skin! I'm his.'

'I suddenly realized that even a century of bathing in hot springs with aromatic herbs; she will not justify her name.'

'I take my precious comment back; she needs not the hot springs but the ice of Arctic for her burn.'

'Even the blasted balls-less king of werewolves with his blind mind can see envy and spite in Stench's eyes.'

"I have feelings; romantic feelings; for this woman and it has been that way from a very long time. I'm an optimistic person as you all know but my optimism doesn't pertain when there is desire in another man's eyes for my woman." I reminded them kindly with a smile.

Oh, I will not loose my cool. There is no need to. The girl beside is mine by mind, heart, soul and every other element otherwise mentioned.

I had always occupied her mind and I know it by record!