Chapter 35

Veira Point of View

The demented and wild set of rogues ran around taking commands from the high warrior generals in search of those who went missing.

No matter what, they will never be able to find the missing bunch of hundreds.

"What happened? What is this commotion about?" I asked the second in command, acting disturbed and surprised.

"A large bunch of our people went missing, My Lady." He answered gravely.

"Missing? Just like that? How?" I asked as Elder Cazacu caught my eyes. He is trying to check the possible traces of the missing people with his scientific theories.

"No idea. There are no traces of force, no hints of attack nor is there any trail of them going anywhere." Of course you cannot find anything.

'The years of putting your money on my cosmetics is worthwhile. See, didn't I do a good job in coming up with a brilliant idea of cleaning up all the hints.'

I have to give it to her this time. Indeed her idea of wiping and cleaning are good.

"Goddess! How is that possible? What are you going to do now? And Elias; is he on his way here to solve the issue?" Knowing the answer to the last question fully well, I smiled inwardly.

"Majesty is stuck in the royal palace with urgent court matters, My Lady. We sent the news but he is unable to return anytime soon." The only time he will return will be either when his life is holding by thread or his he has no title to hold on to or pleasantly both.

"Beta," A male wolf ran to us in half dressed badness. He must be travelling relentlessly from a while seeing how he is too thin and sweaty. "Three hundred and sixty wolves went missing from our second camp. We cannot find them at all."

Beta left my side, running off to check the situation, yelling out orders to the remaining wolves. Those who belonged to packs and still chose to support Elias madness have been trying to come up with a plan to locate the missing people and find the cause of this disaster.

"Beta, we checked all the records and found that the missing lot belongs to the innocent and harmless rogue wolves who got lured by Majesty to join us. Only the good and harmless rogues are missing."

Mad insane rogues are easy to handle than sane clever pack members. Pack members, for one knows how to do their job pretty well and are well trained in several sorts. They are cunning and hard to deal with.

I need to remove these pricking wolves of intelligence now.

Saving the innocent rogues out of the hell is much simpler than removing a handful of sly pack hypocrites.

If not dealt with caution, it will not take time for the whole thing to blow up out of proportion.

From my peripheral vision, I saw Elder Cazacu turn to me just in time. Mouthing him about my advice previously, I wiggled my eyebrows hinting – nah, forcing him to do my bidding.

He, thankfully, understood my actions very well when he walked to the group of investing wolves and dropped a bomb on them.

"There is mole among us. How will such a large number of people go missing without inside help?" Elder Cazacu suggested.

The suggestion of having spies among us will put off Elder Cazacu from their suspicious list. I cannot be in the list of suspicion when I'm imprisoned here with no possible accomplice; At least for the time being they will not suspect me.

Even if they do, without Elias confirmation and orders, they cannot hurt a hair on my head.

'I feel too powerful suddenly. Being an object of obsession to a wrong person is not that bad as long as we can turn the tide to our favor.'