Epilogue

Veira Point of View

Ten years later

"- Wrong to teach that." Can age make a man nag a lot?

Elder Cazacu has become so damn noisy in the recent years. He seriously takes every small thing under a magnifying glass.

He never leaves a chance to lecture me.

Lecture me on what? How to raise my own child! Does that make sense?

"Sometimes I wonder if I give in to you easily." I mumbled loud enough to reach his old years.

He is forty three this year and he has become more adult-like than before. It feels like he is raising two kids – nay, three if you count Dea in – it feels like he is raising three kids.

"Easily? Love, we had our child six years after you accepted my proposal. You took six long years to get familiarize with the concept of being a part of family; my family. Only four and half year old and our daughter is already fully fledged swindler." There he goes nagging again.

Our daughter, Ilinca Oana Lupus Cazacu, is our only child we had four and half years ago. I agree, I did take my sweet time in building up proper relationship with Elder Cazacu but that was how it should be.

You cannot expect me to get adapted with a mate and family right away. A relationship without careful foundation is prone to fall with light wind.

In such case, we continued to live together, learnt more about each other; just about do everything that a normal dating couple would do.

We made sure we entered into different phases of relationship slowly and gradually. After five years, I finally marked him and marked me.

He marked me by giving me a tattoo on my neck, same as his!

Sometime he is so childish.

Right, he still did not give the answer to whom he loves more, I or Dea.

"I didn't teach her. She is smart because she is your daughter." I and Ilinca stood before his imposing figure with our hands folded politely and our heads dropped down.

I feel like I share a father with my daughter!

'That sounds gross.' And she is here.

"Yes Papa, I'm your daughter and smart." Well done, sweetheart; I sneakily passed her a wink which she returned back with a smile.

"You should blame yourself for being so smart and sneaky."

"Yes papa, you teach me sneaky."

"Enough both of you." His intimidating authoritative voice shook both my daughter and me.

The past years has brought one big change in me, I actually got timid in front of Cazacu. He is like the elder of the family who set the rules and treats everyone as kids who should follow the rules by book.

"Ilinca, dear," He knelt down before our daughter and sighed before passing a kind smile to her. "It's wrong of you to trick people. It will make you a bad person."

"But Mama Dea said as long as I'm beautiful, whatever I do is forgiven by nature." Of course, as a mother and a wolf who is obsessed with looks, Dea is teaching just what she knows.

'Hey, I didn't mean in that way. I said whatever you do is beautiful because you are beautiful just like me.'

Ah, you can't expect a four year old to have a clear perception of things. She is still a little thing.