Chapter 37

Elias Point of View

"Just when I thought everything was going fine –" In anger, I broke all the things on the table beside me.

Expensive porcelain and glassware broke into pieces but that did nothing to pacify my anger. No, it wasn't just anger, it is much more beyond it.

I'm enraged, infuriated.

I am the King of werewolves, future dictator of the whole planet and what am I doing? Waiting in my room to get investigated.

Ridiculous!

When did my own people started to turn against me? I was always cautious in conducting my affairs outside the palace.

Those old cunning Elders has been keeping a close eye on me while Senan, my dear cousin, has taken up the responsibilities of proving everyone wrong about the rumors of me colliding with the rogues.

From where did those rumors come from; no idea.

When everything was going just the right way I always wanted, when my plan is showing its positive effects, I'm being contained in the royal palace in the name of investigation.

"Alpha," A series of knocks are heard, "Alpha, the council is requesting your presence for proceeding further with the investigation."

I hummed back in answer but I am anything but cool inside. How dare those mere wolves conduct an inquiry council on me?

I should've just killed those Elders while I was taking care of my father's loyal men. It would be a less headache for me.

Calming myself down, I walked down the hallway to the west wing of the palace where the council is held. I maintained my decorum and confidence of an innocent as I strode through the doors.

Everyone stoop up as I walked down the hall. On the right side is the pack of royal Elders along with the Elders of Union of Northern plains seated. On the left are other important dignitaries of werewolf community. On the pedestal where my throne is situated is where Senan is stood in guard.

I climbed the few steps leading to my throne when one of the Elders stopping me. "Alpha King, this is a trial on you. You are not allowed to sit on the throne until you are proved innocent."

"Impudent!" I growled out loudly showing them that I'm the Alpha here. I'm the ruler here and I have every fu*king right to be seated on the throne.

"Forgive me for my disrespect, Alpha, but the rules are equal for everyone. Once you are proved innocent, please punish me as you see fit." The old man uttered looking immensely satisfied.

I can see the assurance against me clearly in his eyes and not only him, but almost every other werewolf sitting for the council looks pretty confident in bringing me down by the end of the interrogation.

Senan, on the other hand, seemed nervous yet certain of what he shall be presenting in my defense.

It came in hand that I have my own people instilled in the royal pack. They lead him to the theories and evidences they faked in my defense and he being a fool fell for it.

I looked at every wolf that wants to implicate me as hatred and retribution brewed inside me. I shall make their lives a hell once I get out of this situation.

They shall pay for the disrespect.

"May the council begin!" My royal beta, who is pretty loyal not to me but to the pack, bellowed announcing the start of the assembly.

"Alpha King Elias Astor has been rumored to raise a rogue army against the lawful werewolf community in an attempt to change the regulations and laws as per his wish for his selfish reasons putting the whole kind in danger. The council is present here to discuss about the rumored treason of the highest official on the werewolf community." The beta has done the briefing, leaving the council to take it on from here forth.