Chapter 39

Valeriu Point of View

Elias was taken – nah – dragged out while Veira was dragged to somewhere they can execute her.

Execute her; I don't think so given her unusual friendship with Senan.

But they did perform their roles very well. Veira put her life on line to perform the role of a rogue wolf being executed.

She yelled, cursed, cried out, fought and hurt those around her, cussed everyone mercilessly!

Goodness, my ears almost bled from all the profanities she blessed them with. Considering how she never used such high level language on me, I can count myself a little lucky.

Ten minutes after Elias was dragged out, a bunch of guards came and did something strange. They opened all the prisons and let all of us out.

Not only did they let us out, they also guarded us and led us through the long lanes of dungeons to the clearing where hundreds of werewolves are having face off.

The scene before me is no less than sighting of war scene in an Indian movie I watched recently, Bahubali.

There are growls and howls representing their wilderness. Some in their wolf forms and some standing proudly in their human forms. I have been with Elias from quite some time but I have never seen a sighting such as this.

The rogue beta beside me tried to free himself but couldn't due to lack of energy. So did the other prisoners but they were unsuccessful in freeing themselves.

Senan, backed up by the long lines of strong warriors and Elders stood on one side with Elias as their hostage.

On the other side, there's a pair of army leaders who has a few of pack members at their mercy.

"Let him go and your men shall be safe." Came the routine dialogue from the one who has pack members as hostage. His eyes are red with anger or they are naturally red, I don't know but they are fierce.

One look at Elias and he bowed a little to him assuring him silently that they shall keep him away from harm's way.

"He is a traitor and he deserves to be punished for the treason." Came the voice from the back which is pretty familiar.

Christopher Fuller walked in his full glory as he settled himself beside Senan as they shared a curt nod with each other.

"You have weird definition for loyalty. You are loyal to a man who is traitor despite being a royal and a king. If he can betray his pack, family and tradition, what makes you all think he can lead you to glory?" Fuller mocked them gaining a growl from the rogue beta, who was silenced by another growl from the royal beta.

"But you rogues who went astray cannot be helped with you active foolishness. Talks are not for you. Your highness, let's not drag this and end it quickly. With Alpha Elias's lady love executed freshly, we shouldn't delay the good deed anymore." Fuller did not even complete his statements when a loud growl came out from Elias.

If I didn't know Veira is as same as ever, I would've been the first one to growl despite my human orientation. But Elias fell for the trap easily.

His face turned absolutely red. The anger bubbling inside him can be clearly displayed on his face. His nails elongated, fangs coming out, he is seconds away from shifting into his wolf.

Till that moment, I didn't understand why Elias is not punished, killed immediately when they got their hands on him but then, at that moment, I finally understood what these wolves are doing.

They are forcing Elias to challenge Senan.

Christopher Fuller once said that a werewolf sitting on the throne is protected by many laws and loopholes and the one way to succeed him and his throne is by challenging him publicly and winning it.