Chapter 7

Veira Point of View

'Our mate is so devastatingly beautiful!'

'Look at his smile, Veira, he has sun in his mouth. Ouch! My eyes.'

'Can he breathe anymore stunningly?'

'Even his slim fingers are hissing musically for me to touch them.'

'His eyes are beautiful because he has us in them.'

'I think Moon Goddess has decided to stop producing the wonders for the world after making him. Poor Goddess, must be feeling really stressed to cross her own benchmark.'

'Veira, can I match my fur with his hair color? I read it in a beauty blog about matching things that couples would get.'

'Hey Veira, I suddenly got a doubt, check if our mate has nose hair. I find men with abundant nose hair sexy and wild.'

'Will you stop for a minute there? You have been going on and on about a man you just met and there you are claiming yet another poor man as your mate. He isn't our mate. He looks just alright. His smile is natural. He has to breathe to live so it's given he takes air inside. His fingers are not snakes to hiss at you. I don't think Moon Goddess made him because I don't find her signature quality in him and no, he isn't a wonder at all. No will not get your fur shredded by bleaching it and lastly, I don't care where his hair grows and to what extent. I hope I answered all you questions; now shut up and let me assess the situation here. We almost got ourselves into a huge pickle.'

My wolf is either brainless or have less brain. Can't she just act according to the present situation? No, how can she do that?

How will I go mad if she behaves well and zip up her mouth?

Shutting up my beauty blinded wolf, I cleared my throat and focused back to the person who entranced Dea. He was looking keenly at me with a small smile playing on his lips. Tapping his fingers on the table he was waiting for my answer.

Dan, his PA, is giving us curious and perplexed looks as if his boss lost the last screw in his brain and I gained a new head altogether.

This Dan looks like the slender looking thief from home alone movie series; minus the facial hair. From a few angles he presents himself super funnily and only a very few people has this talent of looking this way.

While scanning both of them and weighing my options, I pondered on the pros and cons of the offer I received.

This is undoubtedly advantageous to me seeing how Elder Edgar's nephew still works in this company. But there are also several issues arising from this. One of the important ones is, why he wants me to continue taking his place.

"Why?" I narrowed my eyes at him and his smile widened.

Being this poised in such a situation isn't his first time as I can see he is well in order with his emotions. Truly a doctor!

"I want to help you out." Nah, this isn't the whole truth though.

"And?"

"Miss Lupus, I really want to help you wholeheartedly." He repeated making me scoff. Alright let's play it your way.

"Alright, I'll play it on my own terms then. You cannot fault me later for anything." My words brought out a pleasing chuckle from him.

He nodded enthusiastically without any qualms while Dan was trying to talk out some sense with the Dr. Boss but met with disappoint on his part.

The doctor is bent on being benevolent on me.

"May I ask why you are hiding your identity under your doctor coat?"