Chapter 17

Valeriu Point of View

You are playing a loosing game, dearest.

You want to test me? Then I will have to disappoint you.

Look at you swaying your hips so naturally before me to see the glint of attracting in my eyes. You want to see desire in my eyes? I should disappoint you sadly.

Attracted, I am.

Aroused, beyond imaginable!

But little wolf, where is the fun if I give you what you are looking for?

"Did you dislocate your hips, girl? You seem to limping a lot from yesterday." There, there, there it comes, my favorite reaction of all from her.

The anger that is generated by disappointment causing her to bite her lips and inner cheeks to control it and mask up with her usual frown of indifference!

Oh I just love how her little face twist and turn when she couldn't handle me.

But can she do anything to me? Nah, Dea would suffocate and kill Veira in a pool full of body wash for hurting their mate.

"I am fine. Just practicing." She gritted out through her teeth.

"Practice hobbling? Don't you think it's a little weird hobby?" Being a mate to a werewolf girl is such an enjoyment.

In this thirty plus years of my human life, I'm finally starting to get the essence of it thanks to the werewolf kid before me.

Veira clicked her tongue, biting back a remark. Once calming herself down with the help of overly fawning Dea drilling in her mind, she came closer to me as something clicked inside her.

"Elder Cazacu," She called out like she is thirsty for some kind of knowledge that is not considered knowledge.

"Yes, boy."

"I am – nevermind. Let me ask you something." I nodded at her to continue.

"You are already this old, why didn't you get mate- married yet?" I mulled over her question for a minute before quenching her thirst.

"I was bust pursuing my passion. Also, I didn't find anyone special to spend life with." Until recently. I wanted to add but let's keep the confessions to the later date.

Knowing about each other and understanding is more important before going for confessions.

"Oh." Her lips opened in an oval shape suddenly giving me an urge to bite them down ruthlessly.

Is this the mate bond they were talking about?

The uncontrollable urge to possess and protect the destined person?

"Then why are you not dating anyone?"

"Whoever gave that wrong idea, Miss Lupus?" Veira didn't seem that affected by my statement but my bestie Dea did.

'He loves someone else, Veira. Did you hear that? Our mate loves someone else.' Dea went on ramping out in Veira's mind.

"I have this stunning girl that I have been liking from afar. You can say. It's a one sided crush – for now." I provided, blowing wind to the flames.

'An it's all your mistaking for not enticing him.'

"She is a treasure of charms, both brains with a beauty. Pity, she doesn't know how special she is."

'Did you hear that? Beauty with brains; which I have but you don't.'

Dea is enough to send Veira on a funeral spree. The wolf does have a spark of making others feel lesser than her.