Chapter 34

Valeriu Point of View

Damnation!

Ho- How the hell did she do that?

No, the first question should be what exactly she did to see a result as such?

My eyes rolled towards Veira who is standing beside me, acting as if she doesn't know what is going on. If not for the very crafty smug glint in her eyes, even I would've fallen for her pretense.

"Majesty Elias is occupied with the court matters in the royal pack and shall not be able to return for a few days. He passed on a message to Dr. Cazacu to continue everything according to the plan."

By the sweat rolling down from the messenger's forehead, it doesn't take a genius to understand that whatever held up Elias is not something favorable to him.

"Didn't he send any message for me?" With the pouty manner Veira asked, the messenger almost downed in the river of discomfort.

"How hurting! He kidnapped me and kept me a prisoner here; I at least deserve a good word of message from him, don't I?" She shook her head pretending disappointment.

"That's alright, though! Just tell him I'm doing well and will do well in future too. Tell him to beat up the bad guys and bring glory to our kingdom." Even though I'm perturbed by the sudden change of events acting against my plan, her words did bring a smile on my lips.

It is as if asking a snake to hold back its poison while biting!

The messenger, reaching next level of discomfort zone, just nodded his head and went on his way to the royal pack.

One more glance at her, I left to know what is really happening here. Something held up Elias from experimenting the drug and taking charge of the planet; it must be something big.

Using my secret burner phone, I called Christopher Fuller once I made sure I'm away from every werewolf hearing. Given, the study is sound proof is a gift.

"Fuller, on the line." I heard from the other side of the call.

"Elias is held up in the royal pack." I said briefly and heard nothing but his breathing for a while.

"I got the news and felt odd as well. I thought nothing can stop him from making his first move in this grand mission of his." The surprise is clear.

Looking out of the glass window, I saw men and women training rigorously right from the early hours of the day. While the older men guided their training schedule, older women provided them with food and other necessities.

They looked content; no wonder they were fooled by Elias with a sweet promise of providing a stable and secured home.

"I sent people to get the information and they will be here by tomorrow afternoon. You said Veira said something weird to you, do you think the she has something to do with it?" I heard him, jerking me back to reality.

"I don't think so, I know she did something. I dare not ask her anything. I kept many secrets from her if I ask anything, she will only slap me back with more mysterious for me to catch up. I can feel the grudge piling up inside her." My strained tone can tell it all.

She is starting to scare me. Her promise of taking valuable revenge from me once the whole issue is clear is still ringing in my ears.

I even shivered whenever I dream of her promise.

"Say, I should've told her everything."

"With my simple knowledge on her, she deals with issues pretty cunningly. You triggered wrong button inside her that she took matters in her own hands. But if you look at the bigger picture, I think it is good."