Chapter 19

Valeriu Point of View

Christopher Fuller, known as a senior and an elder in the werewolf community, is anything but old.

That arrogant piece of ass is around my age but one look at him, I can clearly say he is a headstrong person eating hypocrisy as his meals.

He was in the room with Veira for nearly two hours and those hours were filled with worry on my part. There were no screams came from inside thankfully but that is still no relief considering she is in some sort of problem right now.

What exactly is the problem?

I wish she could share it with me but seeing how she has always been the only one to deal with her issues alone, she needs time to slowly rely on me.

The rest of day, she did not come out of her office. Only when it was time for us to go home could I see her again.

Just like I thought, she wasn't her usual self. She was quite, zoned out and surprisingly calm. Whatever this problem is, it should be really grave to make a girl like Veira like this.

"Are you alright?" Ten minutes through our drive, I finally asked her.

Sparing a glance towards me, she merely nodded wordlessly. Turning back to the window, she continued to look outside again.

I thought Dea would be eating off her ear when faced with a problem but the ever talkative Dea is as quite as Veira. At least I would know what is happening when they talk among themselves. How can I help her if I don't know anything?

"Stop the car."

"Here? In the wild?" She nodded and I complied. She got down from the car and asked me to go ahead while she will walk back home.

"You will walk through woods in the night? It's dangerous."

"Not really. You can say, I was raised in wild. I need to take a calming walk and give myself some time to think over few things. Please leave. I'll come back home in an hour."

Right! She is a wolf! Night forest doesn't scare her. Maybe she does need a run and some time for herself and Dea to think over things.

"One hour. If you are not back in an hour, I will send search parties for you." There it is the first scoff in a long time.

"What are you worried about, Cazacu? I see no reason for you to seed a concern for me." Her brow raised into her hair as a slow smile took over her lips.

"I see no reason for not being concerned for you. Go, take a walk and come back in one hour." With that, I drove back home alone leaving her in the middle of woods.

Once again alone in the huge villa, I realized how much she filled up the void inside me. With her around, bickering and fighting, mocking and challenging each other, I somehow felt complete.

I wouldn't say I fell in love with her because of the so called mate bond between us. No, I like her a lot and traveling towards to love her but on my own terms.

I just don't want the predestined bond to limit things between us. Although, that is the main thread, I hope we weave our relationship of our own which is beyond the standardized phenomena of werewolves.

I guess she affects me more than I thought!

Not wanting to force a companion, I prepared the dinner for the night and left it on the table for her while I went back to bed.

Veira – is a smart girl! Young, but a clever one. She just needs some space to fix everything so be it.

Also, she has me. I can always fix things for her from shadows.