Chapter 8

Valeriu Point of View

Working in researching stream, however exciting and fulfilling it is, it also comes with many folds of frustration and disappointments.

No matter how successful the product we made is, there is still a vacant room for improvement and if we do not fill it up by ourselves, the rival labels take it as an advantage and bring out their own product with completeness that we couldn't give.

That can be counted as one of the setbacks of being a research doctor. We tend to be impossibly perfect so as to bring a good product to people and good income and name to the company.

I've been working that way from nearly fifteen years as a chairperson to the business I started from scratch and had been trying to be a perfection as a medical scientist from nine years.

Hours went by, days and months went by, years ran faster than expected and in the past fifteen years of my career and thirty-two years of my life, I only but focused on my studies and business.

Looking back, I never once thought I might've missed out something –

Until she came by.

VeiraDea Lupus, the fake owner of my business and goddess of deceit.

She has a natural talent of coping up with the situation with unimaginable sense of lying on the spot. She can make and break the stories at her will. She has the capability of fooling people by trapping them in her words.

She is a great talker!

Never had I experienced such unpredictable things until she walked into my office as my boss of my own company. She always has something new coming out of her mouth and what is intriguing is, she makes it sound so genuine and true.

I give it to her, that kid has more light in her than we have it in high intensity light rooms here.

"Are you going to pout for your whole life?" I asked with a chuckle when I saw a very tired Dan walking into my bedroom.

"She brought a whole country of things into her room and I had to make nearly forty-three trips to complete move her things to her room. Boss, why do you want her in your house? She is a trickster, Mr. Cazacu." He rambled without a break. Gulping down the whole jug of juice, he plopped down on the couch with a huff.

To answer him, even I don't know what made me make such an offer to that kid. I just know I found her pretty fascinating.

"Now that she is acting her part, it is good have her under my nose; easy to discuss business with her." Well, that is one of the reasons too.

"Why her? We can give the responsibility to anyone from our circle. They will do a better job in acting." I'm surprised Dan still did not get it.

Veira is not just there to act. It is much more than that.

"That, my friend, you will have to realize own your own. Be her personal assistant and follow her without any questions. Don't worry, the company and I will be just fine."

I don't understand the cause behind my confidence but there is some kind of itching in my heart which feels good.

Also teasing and breaking the shields of her cool is entertaining.

After Dan grumbled to himself for straight fifteen minutes, he left my villa with a frown. Few minutes later, the kid came out with a proud smile on her face.

Seems like she finished unpacking her stuff!

Walking into the living room to where I was sitting, she looked down to the book I'm reading and blinked a couple of times with a frown.