Chapter 32

Valeriu Point of View

"I've fixed everything you've asked for, boss."

"Hmm."

I got the notification mail I've asked Dan for and studied it keenly. Once I digested the information myself, I send it to Christopher Fuller from my anonymous mail ID.

At this nick of the moment, I can't take a careless step of doing anything that might cause me to get suspected.

I've worked too hard to get to this point and I'm not getting myself or my efforts into disadvantage.

I checked the packages Dan has sent on my orders and saw they were sent right. Collecting them, I walked into a temporary laboratory that was set for me specially to resume my work on the drug that Elias asked for.

A drug to control human mind!

At first, I wondered why needs a drug to control humans rather than controlling werewolves. After all werewolves are much stronger than humans and are easy to dominate.

But then I understood that proportion of both the communities differ by a large percentage. No matter how powerful werewolves are, they are still in smaller number.

Considering the strength of Veira, one werewolf, in his good form, can take at least forty well trained warriors but according the proportion between humans and werewolves, one werewolf is against nearly nine thousand humans.

Not to forget the weaponry and technology that we have.

But then again, Veira's skills or strength is quite rare and special even in werewolf world. In my knowledge of spending months, even years of study on them, even a well built fully fledged pack warrior can only be able to handle minimum of tens warriors of same stature as him.

Veira, being a nomad right from her birth, she was lucky enough to meet a wandering Buddhist priest who excels in mixed martial arts skills and she was two years old then.

At first I don't know what her younger self life was. There were many things that I only learned when we stayed together. I was surprised how such a young girl grew up alone wandering, feeding and sheltering herself and educating all by herself.

It was when I got my hands on the full record of Veira's life in Elias's study that I learned that her master took her in and taught her higher level martial arts for several years. She wandered to several places with her master and learnt many life lessons as she fell down several times.

Later on, her master relieved her from his shade when he was confident enough she can handle herself pretty well. Veira was thirteen years old kid at that time and she not only excelled in fighting, she fell to rock bottom several times that she learnt many life lessons.

I couldn't believe that her master was the only good person she met in her whole twenty plus life; except Dea. I can totally understand her trust issues because her childhood innocence was trampled by fake sentiments of people over and over that she made a wall made of iron around her heart that even hottest fire cannot melt.

At thirteen, she got the maturity of life that she shouldn't have to.

Mentally, she grew up too soon.

Emotionally, she learnt too much.

That explains why Dea is childish and Veira is more serious and confident. Dea is the childhood that Veira couldn't have.

Life has been hard on her; harder when she has a secret to conceal from the world to live; hardest when she is stamped an evil rogue by a hypocritical werewolf society.