Chapter 9

Veira Point of View

How dare he name his pet dog after me?

'Uh, technically, he named her Veira before you. You came after.'

Great! I'm already having a tough day already and here my wolf is trying her hands on annoying me endless.

First day at office; it hasn't been even ten minutes and I'm already dealing with glares from none other than the person who is appointed to be my assistant.

Dan!

It is clear that I'm not sitting on the chair but on his nerves. He is not ever masking his frown from me. As if I stole his inheritance, he has been looking at me with a twisted mouth of displeasure.

What is it with him?

It was the owner who gave me my right, it was I who is responsible for it and it was Elder Cazacu's business I'll be dealing with. When none of us have any problem, why is he playing a scene stealing show all by himself?

He even dared to make his displeasure known to me regarding my house arrangements with Elder Cazacu.

Well, I have my reason to accept the offer no matter how uncomfortable I was.

But somehow, this Dan person's glares made my gloomy day. Seeing how he is very much affected by everything I do or don't, seeing how he even seems to have a problem with my existence, I suddenly got happy to have found a person on whom I can play small tricks when I get glum every now and then.

'You should concentrate on our mate, right now.' And here she makes an entrance with the usual nonsense.

'You said the same the past twelve times too.'

'Veira, this time it's different.'

'And you said the same for twelve times already. Remember how you sent me to the hospital for forcing the mating bond?'

'You are a healthy human.'

'For the first five times, I was in coma for nearly twenty plus days. Then I started to have nosebleed, weakness, felt dizzy; I even lost my heightened senses for a few times.'

'But this one is for real. I promise Dr. Cazacu is our real mate who was designed by Moon Goddess just for us. Alright, let's do this, you can recognize immediately when I force mating sparks, don't you?'

'Yeah, so?'

'Just touch him once and check it yourself whether he is our mate or not.'

'What if you play some new tricks again?'

'You still have your wild facemask, don't you?'

'You mean wild card? And what's that?'

'Nosebleed of course.'

And so, just like that, I agreed to test it once. I don't even know why I'm listening to her but the frustration in the way she spoke made me try it out once.

I'm a werewolf after all and a mate is someone we love and treasure for eternity. Mate is life a source of life for us. A mate who can be our strength and make themselves our weakness too.

'But first, make a good impression on him.'

'I will if he turned out to be our real mate.'

'You are such an expired sunscreen lotion; will you suddenly start to treat him well after finding out the truth? That'll make him suspect us. Start impressing him right away; when he turns out to be our mate, then your head start will save you.'