Chapter 30

Valeriu Point of View

"Great job, Doctor." Majesty Elias grinned, giving me his wolfish gaze.

Although the gaze is a little uncomfortable considering our similar genders, I still accepted his smile with open arms.

"Don't mention it. You gave me better offer for my future." Shrugging at him, I settled myself in the comfortable chair in his study.

Elias grin widened as he patted my back with pride. "Tell me, Valeriu, we have been friends for over an year now; I thought you would ask me at least once about her."

"Her?"

"Veira." He breathed out with a mixture of desire and limitless madness floating in eyes and voice. Clearly, he is too obsessed with that little girl.

"When I asked you to house her and keep an eye on her for me, why didn't you ask anything? When I asked you to lure her here so I can have her with me again, you still did not ask me about my motives and just did what you were asked. Why?"

"We are friends and that's what friends do for each other. I don't need to know the motive." I replied back eyeing the glass of whiskey he offered me.

Ah, alcohol is the best when you want to relax your mind.

I took the glass gratefully and sipped it slowly, letting the liquid burn through my throat. The feeling was so satisfying.

"So, tell me, what happened when she was with you in your villa? I couldn't ask you any details before but now I want to know about her more and more."

I stopped drinking for a minute and mulled about it. What should I tell him? He already know her better than anyone.

After all she was his blind obsession.

She is his madness; a brilliant part of his madness to be honest. He is still mad without her in his life.

What a friend I got! Still, I really like him.

"Hmm, she acted just like a normal human being. I don't know if there is anything you don't know about her."

"How about I tell you my story with her and then you tell me if there is anything new I don't know about her." Fair enough! I nodded noticing his excitement whenever he talked about her.

"You don't mind telling me?"

"Of course not. You are my best friend and my partner in crime." I chuckled at what he said and nodded in encouragement.

Alright, let's hear what that little girl did to make the King of werewolves so blindly obsessed with her.

"The first time I saw her was when she just turned eighteen. You know, we werewolves have a special meaning of turning eighteen. It is the time when we will start looking for our mate."

"Mate as in, soul mate?"

"Yes. That one person whom we are destined to! I was already searching for my mate at that time. I went on a mate searching hunt as I was inherited to take the throne and I need to have my other half with me sharing it. When I was going from pack to pack in search of my mate, I had to stop and take shelter in a hotel in a town due to a thunderstorm."

"That's filmy; romantic!" I passed my comment on how the story is going on.

"It wasn't because that was when I found my mate." His facial features suddenly broke like dried face pack – in Dea's words.

Ah, that wolf was pretty interesting and fun to live with. Pity she –

"Veira?" I asked following his words keenly.