Chapter 12

Valeriu Point of View

Her eyes are given a smoky touch. Her lips are plump and painted in red, inviting the onlookers to drink in the juice.

Her long wavy hair fell freely down her waist.

If I'm not dreaming, then the little blush on her cheeks is considered makeup which she never used until now.

What's freaking terrifying is, she is wearing a gown above knee length, showing off her well-toned and muscled legs.

She only wears jeans though! What made her go through such hell right now?

She is definitely up to something. I can sense it.

How come she is transformed into a girl suddenly?

"Is she dying today?" Dan inquired dramatically with a hand on his head. "It is like she is fulfilling her last wish before dying."

"I think she is actually killing." I breathed out. She was already so gorgeous on regular basis, but the kid looks no kid after putting effort on her dressing.

That, standing right there, is a woman that came out straight from the deepest desired dream of a man.

She has been acting weird from last night. Is her makeover for me?

I observed the kid talking to the managers of the departments and addressing key issues. Unlike her usual pretending to be weak self, she has this seductive aura around her.

If it wasn't for her confusing behavior in the car on our way to the office, I would've thought she is like a woman she looks now.

She turned back a little towards my way and passed on a small alluring smile that can pull any straight man into a tornado of feelings.

This kid is out to get something big.

The whole morning, I worked with my mind filled with possible assumptions regarding her sudden change. That noon, I got a call from Dan passing on an order from the kid that she is interested in having lunch with me.

Wordlessly, I went to have lunch with her and also find out more about her change on the same note.

"Elder Cazacu, please come." She led me towards the small dining table in my – her – our office.

"Look what I prepared for you." Don't try kid, it is least bit cheerful and completely frightening.

Cheerful doesn't suit her.

Scanning the small table filled with boxes of different food arranged neatly, I could already tell that she cooked them with just one whiff.

She is an amazing cook!

Only three days with her and I already can differentiate her cooking from others just by a whiff.

I reluctantly sat on the chair beside her and let her serve the food for me on the plate. She leaned on her head on her hand and kept looking at me while I'm supposed to eat my food.

Well, that was nerve wracking.

I started to put a little by little, morsel by morsel of food inside my mouth ignoring her stare. Whenever my eyes unconsciously find her, she is found smile diabetically sweetly at me.

"May I know why you are seemingly acting different today?" I finally asked after going through the hell of laser scanning from her the whole time.

Her eyes changed their color for a second and went glazed before she answered me. "I realized I should give myself a chance."