𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝗝onah told her to behave accordingly as he opened the door to his house

𝗝onah told her to behave accordingly as he opened the door to his house. The two of them had spent so much time trying to collect evidence for the Torres case – completely taking every other case off their hands. It had been a long month of doing so. They had all they needed to bring this in front of a grand jury except for toxicology results. It was stupid and lame that it had taken this long, especially on a high priority case – but that's California for you.

Relaxing today was the one thing they needed to take advantage of considering it wouldn't be happening again for a good amount of time. And so, Jonah had invited her over to his beach house to spend the day alongside him and his fiancé. At first, she said no, not wanting to feel like a third – wheel, but when he pressed on the topic she finally caved. She didn't have any real friends, and so Jonah's persistence made her feel wanted. So here she was, bathing suit under her clothing, walking into her boss's home.

"I need to check something in my home office really quickly. Can you tell Cameron I'll be out in a minute?" Jonah asked as he closed the front door.

"Yeah sure," she answered, but he was already turning and leaving.

Okayyy? Weirdo.

After a minute or so standing aimlessly in the center of his kitchen, waiting for his fiancé to appear, she realized she wouldn't. Some hospitality, she pondered as she walked towards the glass door at the edge of the room. It was then that she laid eyes on the future Mrs. Myles.

For a moment, she just stood and watched her. She was standing on the shoreline, waves lapping at her small ankles. The noon sun reflected off her delicate brown skin beautifully. The wind near the ocean was always stronger and so, she stared as it carried her long, black curls slightly into the breeze. She was gorgeous, and Jonah was lucky. It wasn't common to see such a unique, delectable woman in this area anymore. At least none that were her type.

Auden grabbed the handle of the door and pulled it open, shutting it behind her after she stepped out. The sand greeted her toes with warmth as she padded in the direction of Cameron. It was a gorgeous day today – it was nice to be able to spend it outdoors.

Grabbing her sunglasses off her head and lowering them to her eyes, she recalled how much she loved California. Even in the wintertime, the temperature never really dropped below 60's. That, and the water of the beaches were never freezing. After growing up on the east coast, this was refreshing.

Cameron continued to stand stoically on the edge of the water, seeming to be deep in thought and staring out into the horizon. When Auden arrived at her side, what she had already thought became truer. This woman was the type you'd ask to pose for paintings hung in art museums. Her facial features were soft, doe – like and inviting.

"It's pretty," she spoke up, feeling the need to entertain a conversation with her. She tipped her head back and allowed the dull grey of her long, straight hair to flap in the wind. Refreshing.