𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝗧he brick lining of the back of the holding cell was cold and dug into his back as he leaned against it

𝗧he brick lining of the back of the holding cell was cold and dug into his back as he leaned against it. Since seeing Leo earlier, no one had been down to see him. It was the one and only thing he could be grateful for here; he had all the free time in the world.

Matteo rested his elbow against the lonesome crate they left in the cell a couple days ago; he covered his eyes with his hand, supporting his head. Judging on the moonlight slipping through the small, barred window across the room – he assumed it was about midnight by now. The white shade reminded him of the hair that flowed from Lilliana's head, down to her shoulders.

I miss you.

His head dropped slowly and his eyes closed next for a second before he snapped back up, trying his hardest not to fall asleep. He tucked his long, auburn hair behind his ear as he squeezed his eyes in pain. As sad as it seemed, this cell – it was the holder of so many precious moments with his girl. Moments that had to be cherished now; their dream of living together – surviving together, was now singular. The faded sound of her bubbly laughter echoed in the back of his mind as he shut his eyes again and finally allowed himself to slip into a light sleep.

****

The hum of the black Jeep Wrangler he borrowed from the mafia's warehouse sounded gently behind him as he leaned against its warm hood. The night air blew through his short hair; he had it spike up tonight, doing his best to seem presentable. He reached up and adjusted his black eyebrow piercing; he made sure the ball was screwed on tightly. He continued fiddling with it as he waited in front of the grandiose staircase that led up to the Torres Estate.

Matteo stood up taller and pulled down his black suit jacket as the door to the Estate opened. The first thing he saw was her white – blonde hair dance in the wind surrounding them. It was normally pin straight, but tonight, she had it curled; he noticed of course. It was easy paying attention to her.

Lilly closed the door behind her and turned, giving him the ability to fully grasp the beautiful woman that stood before him. A tight, red dress hung on her body – it was a tank top and rested right above her knee. Her brilliant green eyes popped against her black eyeliner; her lips looked delicious in their red shine.

"Well are you just going to stand there with your mouth open, or are you going to come guide me down the stairs like a gentleman?" Lilly asked, smiling.

He smiled, enjoying her as he walked towards her, "I don't know. I was enjoying the view very much before you so rudely interrupted me."

"Well, then let me offer you my apologies, Mr. Miller," she laughed, putting out her hand as he approached her.

Matteo grabbed it softly, stopping a step below her, "All is forgiven, mi princesa," (my princess) he replied, leaning down, and kissing the top of her hand.

Lilliana's cheeks pinked up as she descended the steps alongside him. When they reached the end, he interlocked his fingers properly in hers and turned to face her. He placed a hand on her cheek, rubbing softly with his thumb. Those gorgeous gems of hers stared at him with such innocence.