𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝗛e closed the door to his bedroom behind him quietly, resting the back of his head on it

Six fucking weeks.

Six weeks since the day he promised he'd tell Blake everything. He was tired of holding it all in – being miserable because the woman he loved was miserable herself. He was guilty of not having the ability to be honest. He just wanted to tell her everything, once and for all. 

Mason dragged his suitcase towards his closet, leaving it there as he rubbed his face. After a minute alone, he walked over to his dresser and popped open the top drawer; he withdrew his cellphone, pressing the lock button until the white Apple sign glowed. He let out another long exhale, walking over to the bed before sitting down next to Blake; she paid him no attention as she mindlessly clicked through the channels on the T.V. He reached over and gently placed his hand on hers, signifying her to stop and look over at him.

"We need to talk," he said quietly.

"I don't feel like talking," Blake answered, rolling her eyes and snatching her hand back.

He fell backwards on the bed and placed his arms on his eyes; this is going to be harder than I hoped.

"Blake, please," he pleaded.

"Can you just stop? I genuinely do not want to hear your voice right now."

Mason felt annoyance grow in his body. He knew that he was the one in the wrong and that she owed him nothing, but at the end of the day, she shouldn't shut him out. Not when he's ready to give her the truth – the truth he's been wanting to give her.

He sat up and snatched the remote from her, "Well you're going to listen anyways."

"Give it back!" she said angrily.

"No," he said, standing up and walking over to his dresser again. He reached for his phone and frowned at the no new messages notification on his screen. He unlocked it and went into the messages app; like he presumed, Kai's contact was at the top of his texts. Mason opened it and noticed a string of messages that were from him, yet the blue dot that normally alerted you of unread messages, wasn't there. What the hell?

"Where were you the night after the trial?" Blake asked, "You didn't come home."

"I was at the police station for a while being questioned and then I met up with a friend. After that I got dragged to Spain with Emmet and Isaac; I didn't have a chance to come home," he spoke, still confused at his messages.

"Was this friend of yours, Kai?"

Mason whipped around, facing her; her arms were crossed and her brows were buried deep, "How did you—" he cut his own words off, looking back at his phone; now it makes sense, "Did you go through my phone??"

"Yes, I did," she admitted, standing up.

"Why would you do that? Do you not know what privacy is?!"

"You're joking right?" she scoffed, "you fucking cheated on me and you think you deserve privacy?? Oh give me a fucking break."

"I was going to tell you everything, Blake, if you had just waited like you said you would. I have never lied to you once through this entire thing. I get that I fucked up, but that doesn't give you the right to go through my shit when I'm not around!" he tossed his phone on the dresser, pissed.

"Don't you dare swear at me!" she yelled back, "You're the one off doing god knows what with some fucking weirdo named Kai!"

"Don't even start Blake!"

"Oh so now you're defending them?! That's great," she flipped him off, "Fuck you Mason."

"Can you just let me tell you everything?! You have a right to be upset but if you're gonna flip out then at least do it after you have the whole story!"

"You want to talk? Fine – but you're waiting until the trial today is over. Rayne and Rueben have gone through hell and back over the last six weeks; they need us there for them. And trust me," she shot him a dirty look, "—I know that if I hear you out I won't go," she finished, walking out of the room, slamming the door in her departure.

Mason slid an exhausted hand down his face before falling flat onto the bed. Everything was so messed up – he was so messed up, and he had no idea how to feel about it all. He knew he shouldn't have left that night, that he should have said something to allow Emmet to let him stay – but it would have been for nothing. It didn't matter when he told her the truth; she was always going to get hurt.

At this point, he didn't even care that Blake went through his phone. Well, he did, but now he was just beating himself up for getting mad at her for it. He showed her a break in trust; she probably did have the right to go through his phone. The only thing that really scared him was if she had found out who Kai really was. A man.

She didn't mention anything about it, so for now, he was probably in the clear.

If Blake is going to find out about it all, he wanted to be the one to tell her. To explain to her that the only reason he'd ever cheat on her, is because he's a closeted homosexual, scarred by his father.

God, I'm a horrible person.