𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝗔fter avoiding an uncomfortable conversation with Blake and Taryn – and the process of shuffling everyone into their respective cars, the group finally made it safely to the Courthouse

𝗔fter avoiding an uncomfortable conversation with Blake and Taryn – and the process of shuffling everyone into their respective cars, the group finally made it safely to the Courthouse. When they opened the doors; Jonah was standing by to remove Rueben's ankle monitor. He did his job quickly and swiftly; she cocked her head to the side, confused that there was no bickering going on between the two of them.

Did something happen...?

"C'mon," Rueben said, placing his hand on her lower back, "we don't want to be late."

Rayne nodded and shrugged off their displacement as she walked down the hallway beside him to the courtroom designated to them. As they approached the door, a swarm of newscasters and reporters came out of nowhere, making her lose her footing and stumble backwards. She landed against Rueben and felt thankful when he helped her back to her feet.

"Are the two of you dating?"

"You seem oddly comfortable in the way you were walking!"

"Did you arrive together?"

"Comments on the situation that happened six weeks ago?"

Rayne turned her head into Rueben's chest, overwhelmed by the media attention.

"Can you get your damn microphones out of her face?" he said strongly, making the crowd murmur and back away, "And no comments. Quit being insensitive."

He placed his hands on Rayne's shoulders, guiding her through the crowd as she kept her head down. This was definitely not her scene. Over the years, she had grown accustomed to the press, but never got used to the pushing of the paparazzi. They were so overbearing.

"Well you should at least tell us your relationship status!"

"Are your sexual relations interfering with your ability to defend him, Miss. Miller?"

"Are you sleeping with your lawyer to get a better outcome!"

The two of them turned at the same time, "We're just friends!" they said in unison.

They turned back around and headed inside the courtroom. Rueben pushed hard against the crowd trying to peak in from the door, before finally being able to close it tightly behind him. He rolled his eyes, annoyed, before smoothing his suit out again.

Rayne looked away, peering across the room to distract herself from what just happened moments ago. She spotted the rest of their friends already sitting in their reserved seats. She let out a loud exhale; since Rueben needed his monitor removed, they had to go through the front door, whereas the rest of them got to simply enter through the side door.

She suddenly felt Rueben tense up next to her. She frowned as she looked up at him; confusion replaced her emotions as a tight, angry expression laid on his facial features. After a second, she noticed he was focusing on something, or someone. She turned, following his eye contact across the way and realized he was glaring at Carson; he who seemed way too pleased at their entrance.