𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝗥ayne had been surprised when she came home early this morning to find Christian not upset with her

𝗥ayne had been surprised when she came home early this morning to find Christian not upset with her. She had texted him before falling asleep briefly, but she still fully expected him to scold her like he did the last time this happened – that or drag her home. But he didn't, and she smiled, knowing that the percentage of him changing had raised.

It had been hours since then. It was now nearing seven p.m. The sky was darkening, and she was staring at the sunset that came through the windows of the living room.

She was laying on the couch, a book in hand, her legs draped over Christian's as he sat on the end of the couch, his phone glued to his ear. He was conversing with Quentin.

"No Quentin. I haven't been in the guest room since your visit – I don't know if you left your cologne here," Christian rolled his eyes, "—no you can't come over and look for it. Rayne's trial is tomorrow and so we are relaxing for right now. No interruptions."

She smiled to herself, what a sweetheart.

"Well can you at least go check the room for me?" he asked as Christian placed him on speaker.

"No."

"C'mon, that's so unfair. I'm not tryna drop another forty dollars on a bottle."

"Why do you spend that much on cologne?" Christian drew his head back.

"Because it smells good," he spoke, and Rayne laughed, sitting up.

"I can go check Quentin, it's no problem," she spoke into the microphone.

"You don't have to do that," Christian eyed her.

"I know," she shrugged, "I want to."

Rayne turned on her heel, smiling as she walked down the hallway towards the bedrooms. These last couple of days with Christian have been so relaxed. He wasn't anything like he had been last month nor did she see that rage he had when he dragged her from Rueben's house party.

She pushed the door open to the guest bedroom and sighed, walking over to the bureau. Quentin and Adalyn's stay had been short lived. Christian had asked them to leave a couple days before they were supposed to because of the fight they had in front of them. He thought they needed some time alone to talk about them, as well as grow as a couple alone in this sensitive time.

He was right, of course.

It didn't surprise her when he informed her that Adalyn had a fit about it. Apparently she had brushed it off as not seeing them (as a collective whole) in a long time and wanting to continue the trip, but Rayne saw right through that bullshit. Adalyn never liked her – and she's had the hots for Christian since they were in college. Alas, no matter what she did, or what she pulled, Rayne never really cared to feel or act jealous about it.

She scanned the top of the dresser and found no bottle. She crouched down on her hands and knees, checking underneath it to be sure it didn't fall down. Still nothing.