𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘

𝗕lake rolled her eyes as Mason placed a hot pack on her head and a bowl of soup in her hands

𝗕lake rolled her eyes as Mason placed a hot pack on her head and a bowl of soup in her hands. He had given up his room so that she could sleep in a bed that was natural, as well as comfortable for her. As grateful as she was, she couldn't help but feel like he was overdoing it.

She also knew in the back of her mind that once she told him the truth about her and Auden, he would no longer treat her so nicely. She was sure that he'd hate her guts.

Not that I can blame him.

"Are you comfortable?" Mason asked, sitting on the edge of the bed.

He had taken his suit jacket off and with his hair down, he couldn't have looked prettier. His pale blue eyes stared at her with concern, but didn't disrupt the beauty he was blessed with. It reminded her of how easy it was to fall in love with him when they were younger.

"Yes, thank you," she said quietly, picking up the spoon, "but you really didn't have to do all of this for me," she smiled at the soup.

"I wanted to," he stretched and fell back onto the bed, "Plus soup is the cure for hangovers."

"How?"

"I don't know. Something about the sodium content being hydrating."

"That makes no sense."

"Motherfucker that's what Google said."

She laughed, "Glad to know."

Mason turned his head and looked at her, grinning, "I missed talking to you, y'know. I don't really care if I sound selfish, but I can't help missing my best friend."

"I'm not that great of a friend," she let her smile fall.

"Whatever you say, Ms. Negative Nancy," he stood up from the bed and walked over to her, "I think you're great," he leaned down and kissed the spot above her ear. She smiled softly at his gentle notion as he left the room.

Blake reached up and tucked her hair back, leaning against the bed frame. She knew that she never deserved to be in Mason's presence, no matter what happened between them. At the end of the day, he cheated because he was finding himself. It's not an excuse, sure, but in a way it is. He didn't want to hurt her intentionally. He didn't do it out of spite. He was just experiencing what it's like to be honest with himself.

She, on the other hand, was nothing of the sort. She didn't cheat on him because she needed to have some immediate revelation on her sexuality. No. She had known she was into women since the seventh grade. She'd been out since tenth.

Everything she did with Auden was done in spite of Mason. She wanted to make him hurt because that was the only way she thought things would be fair. But it was so wrong.

She only kissed Auden in the club bathroom that night because she was sad, lonely, and she wanted to feel wanted. She was desperate for any type of affection, she knew that. The same for letting her go down on her in the Courthouse. She craved the idea of being desired. She fed off the validation that others gave to her when they confessed their feelings of attraction.

Blake let out a breath and let her head hit the wooded frame repetitively. She had to tell Mason the truth, and soon. It was unfair of her to let him berate himself constantly for an act that she had done as well – and more so. He never went all the way with Kai. He still hasn't.

I'm the fuck up.

She grabbed the bowl of soup and the hot pack and placed them on the desk next to her; she ripped the covers off and padded into the adjoining bathroom.

Even after all Mason sacrificed on her behalf, she continued to lie to him. Time and time again – it was like an action she practiced so much it became like clockwork to her. And she hated herself for it.

She kneeled in front of the bathroom sink and pulled open the cabinets. Last night she had drank a lot of alcohol, yes – but she was nowhere near hungover. In fact, aside from throwing up, she felt as normal as ever. Maybe a little tired. Maybe a little sore – but overall, she was fine.

It was in the bathroom that she had known something was wrong, very wrong. She was normally a very healthy woman. She never got sick – and if she did, it would pass quickly. She ate a healthy diet and kept herself in shape. She knew there was only one explanation left.

And it was the worst one.

Blake reached to the back of the cabinet and felt around until her fingers landed upon a paper box. She withdrew it from its spot and leaned down, sitting on her butt. The blue and pink packaging shook in her hands as she stared at it.

Clearblue: Digital and Rapid Pregnancy Tests.