𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝗦he pulled her hair into a ponytail, using a brush to keep the sides flat; when she was satisfied, she wrapped a hair tie around it

𝗦he pulled her hair into a ponytail, using a brush to keep the sides flat; when she was satisfied, she wrapped a hair tie around it. She had gotten caught in the rain on the way home and had to run to the guest room quickly to change before going off to find Rueben. He hadn't been in the kitchen or the living room, and from what she could tell, the lights in his bedroom were off.

Rayne pulled one of Rueben's black t – shirts over her head and let it hang down; it reached to her knees, covering the shorts she had on underneath. She walked over to her dresser, rubbing her neck to relieve the tenderness she felt as she opened her drawer, grabbing a pair of black socks. When she was done, and cleaned up, she grabbed the bag of food off the vanity and made her way out of the room, closing the door gently behind her.

She walked down the hallway of rooms, straining her ears to see if anyone was around. As she assumed, Isaac and Rueben's rooms were both closed and the lights were off. She sighed and turned back around, walking the opposite way, towards the kitchen. There was one other spot in this house that she knew Rueben had an attachment to and that was the back porch.

On her journey, she passed Mason's room, and almost dropped the bag of food; a loud noise coming from startled her. She faced the door and began to hear yelling coming from both him and Blake. She winced, not wanting anything to do with that, and tip toed fast down the rest of the passage. She knew that the two of them haven't been in a good place lately, but she had no idea it had gotten this bad.

Rayne ran through the party room, holding tightly to the bag as she finally made her way to the glass door. Smoke coming from the left side of it indicated that she was right; he was out here.

She pushed open the glass and stepped out onto the porch. The rain was coming down harder now, but the warmth of the night air was still the same. She walked towards the couch on the patio and placed the bag there, then, and only then did she look up and gaze at Rueben – just to feel all words disappear from her vocabulary.

... wow.

Her mouth dried instantly as she looked at him; her breath catching in the back of her throat, silencing her in every way. He leaned against the banister at the edge of the porch, one hand in his pocket, the other placed on the cigarette pressed between his lips; he was seemingly unbothered by the rain behind him. His eyes were closed, and his white baby hairs waved back and forth across his face; his silver earring dangled in the wind.

Rayne couldn't help but let her eyes drop, taking advantage of this moment to completely admire his half – naked body. She prided herself with the fact that she was so good at pretending like he wasn't attractive – but any woman, or man, with eyes would call her an idiot if she actually thought what she displayed. His honey colored skin glowed in unison with the silver moonlight that cascaded upon him ... upon his abdomen.

She pulled her bottom lip between her teeth as she followed every single defined line on his body with her eyes. His pants hung low enough on his hips that his v – line was out and available for her to glance at. It was the first time she had ever seen him so exposed; he had tattoos on his pecks, butterflies decorated his right collarbone. More tattoos were hidden below the waistline of his sweatpants, but that only pulled her further into her intrigue. She wanted to understand everything about him – she wanted to see every part of him.