𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝗠ason kicked the door to the back alley open with his right foot as he yelled in frustration

𝗠ason kicked the door to the back alley open with his right foot as he yelled in frustration. Everything that was happening around him was so messed up. He should have gone home that night instead of going out; maybe all of this could have been avoided. He should have been honest the night of his panic attack – but he wasn't.

I was such a fucking pussy then, and I am now too.

He stepped out into the alley and walked towards the lonely dumpster in the corner of the small area. He kicked it over and over again, repeatedly, "Dumbass! Dumbass! Dumbass!"

"What the hell are you doing?" someone asked from behind him.

Mason jumped, yelling, and grabbing his chest as he turned around. When he recognized Kai, he attempted to calm the annoyance that replaced the fear.

"The fuck is wrong with you? Don't scare a man when they're angry!" he swallowed his breath.

"Right ... and why are you angry?" he asked, sucking on the lollipop in his hand.

"Don't worry about it," Mason replied, shaking his head as he straightened himself up.

He walked over to Kai after recollecting himself, breathing him in like a freshly baked cake. He was wearing a dark blue t – shirt that stuck to his body; it contrasted beautifully with the silky, tan shade that was his skin. He had on jeans, per usual, and that same black belt he usually wore. Mason saw himself in the reflection of the mirrored glasses he had perched on the bridge of his nose. His eyes lowered to his hand; he watched his veins pop out with every small twist of his red pop.

"You look good today," he admitted, stopping before him.

"I always look good."

Mason rolled his eyes, "Yeah."

Kai laughed, smiling, "You look hot too babe," he pulled the lollipop out of his mouth, "—another suit too? I can only assume this is where you were the last time we saw each other, considering."

Mason nodded, pulling down on his black, suit jacket, "Yeah."

"You in legal trouble or something?"

"Nah. My brother is."

"You have a brother?"

He nodded again, "Yes, adoptive, but my brother nonetheless," he looked at him, "What about you? Have any siblings?"

"No," he said quickly, "Let's talk about something else.

Mason looked at him curiously. The way he responded was strange, and one that he wasn't expecting. Not to mention the ask in change of conversation. His normally collected self seemed off, but that wasn't his place to ask him about it. All they were was ... well, I don't know what we are. 

"What would you like to talk about then?"

"Well for starters," Kai placed his palm on his face, stroking his cheek with his thumb, "—how much I missed you," he leaned down, attempting to kiss him.